Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Toyota Dealer Recommendation

My son is looking to buy a new Camry Hybrid to do UBER on the side. Looking for a reference for an decent salesman preferrable in the east valley but willing to travel a bit to save some sales tax.

I love Hatch in Showlow , worth the drive. Quick and easy no BS.

Hatch is good. 
Avoid autonation Tempe Toyota like the plague. 

they just tried the old classic bait and  switch on me.

sent me spec sheet on a Tacoma for $41k then when I got there to talk about it told me they could only sell a $44k model because corp told them The original truck was a misprint  

• Like 1

Camelback is solid. They have always done a good job for me, highly recommend them. Avoid Right Toyota, haven't had great experiences with them.

Another plus for Hatch - far away, I know but you can probably do most of the legwork by phone or email. Bought my Tundra there in 2016 and was happy with the experience.

• Like 1

Lots of posts about dealers, but not salesman (can I even use that word today?) so I'll throw my 2 cents in since we're not really answering your question.

Your son is buying a commodity so shop based solely on price.  A Camry at HT is the same one at RT or CT.  Use the HT price to negotiate a better price locally. Paying an extra BF or two here is better than saving a BF by going to HT.  Time is money even for your son.

Shop as much as possible vis phone or email.  Ensure they send him the contract before he steps foot in the dealership.  They are all (decent salesman or otherwise) are master manipulators.

If the deal is different than promised or in the contract, tell him to walk.  That is our ultimate power as car buyers but most will not do this.

Good luck to your son,

Eddie 

Avondale Toyota. My friend is the general sales mgr. John Rondo I have sent 4 family members there for new Toyotas. Good people.

56 minutes ago, eddielasvegas said:

Lots of posts about dealers, but not salesman (can I even use that word today?) so I'll throw my 2 cents in since we're not really answering your question.

Your son is buying a commodity so shop based solely on price.  A Camry at HT is the same one at RT or CT.  Use the HT price to negotiate a better price locally. Paying an extra BF or two here is better than saving a BF by going to HT.  Time is money even for your son.

Shop as much as possible vis phone or email.  Ensure they send him the contract before he steps foot in the dealership.  They are all (decent salesman or otherwise) are master manipulators.

If the deal is different than promised or in the contract, tell him to walk.  That is our ultimate power as car buyers but most will not do this.

Good luck to your son,

Eddie 

Well the title of the post is Toyota Dealer Recommendation so yes most are answering the question. I haven't bought a new car or truck in the last 6 months so I don't know what is going on in the new car world. Last year you couldn't be too picky, very limited inventory and cars being sold very quickly, you either had a while to wait or you bought what came in.

That being said I agree with eddie if multiple dealerships have the car you want then buy on price. I too have had good luck with Hatch Toyota up here in Show Low but it is a long ways up here 

Good luck. 

BTW your sales tax will be based on the registration address, not where you buy it.

Been awhile, but back in 2016 when we bought a new Sequoia, Right Toyota in Scottsdale (off of Frank Lloyd Wright) was awful.  The sales guy was OK but the management was absolutely the worst.  We walked.

Ended up buying from Bell Road Toyota. 

Things change. so my experience may not be relevant today.  I will say Right Toyota has a great service department - better than Bell Road.  But I would never buy the car from those clowns.

On 3/19/2023 at 1:39 PM, PRDATR said:

My son is looking to buy a new Camry Hybrid to do UBER on the side. Looking for a reference for a decent salesman preferrable in the east valley but willing to travel a bit to save some sales tax.

None of my business, but I’ll throw in my $0.02 anyway. Your son probably shouldn’t be buying a new car if he has to do “Uber on the side”.

His father should talk him out of it  

• Like 2

Avondale Toyota. Speak with Alex. One price no BS. I’ve bought 2 4Runners, 1 Camry and 2 Tundras from him. If you go this route connect with Jacob in service. Good kid and gets things done for you!