Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Toyota Dealer Recommendation

Be prepared to wait several weeks for your car after placing the deposit.

I've been waiting 3 weeks and still have at least 4 more for a Tacoma

51 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

None of my business, but I’ll throw in my $0.02 anyway. Your son probably shouldn’t be buying a new car if he has to do “Uber on the side”.

His father should talk him out of it  

Well he's 33 and wants out of his 2015 Denali which runs on premium and is looking for a side gig.

13 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

None of my business, but I’ll throw in my $0.02 anyway. Your son probably shouldn’t be buying a new car if he has to do “Uber on the side”.

Buying yourself a low paying job for 30K+ seems odd to me as well. To each their own. 

17 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

My thoughts exactly, but there is a sucker born everyday

Man you guys are rough.  I know a few uber guys that make great money.  If you find the right place some guys are killing it.  Good luck to your boy.  Not everyone has 30K in the bank to buy new chit....

• Like 8

So much financial advice in here.  Don't get a side job @ 33 years old to get some extra $$$.  Bunch of commies if you ask me.  Who gives AF if this guy wants to earn a little extra money and drive for Uber.  Buddy of mine makes over 200k at his 6-2 job and still does Uber and lift on the side in his 7 series.  His stories are nothing short of epic.  Why in the world are we clowning this guy for getting a side hustle again?

• Like 8

If one wants a second job where you can basically choose your hours uber, door dash etc are great options.  I didn't feel like doing a second job after doing construction or pest control all day. At least with Uber you can choose your time slots and at least take it a bit easy on your body while still learning a bit extra on the side.  Now my foreclosure work is starting up again and I'm swamped with construction work but I'm still gonna doordash in the evenings.  Day work provides for the family, doordash provides me mad money for whatever..

• Like 2

Bought my Toyota new in Phoenix.  I have a Scottsdale mailing address but technically live in Phoenix.  When they drew up the closing papers the sales tax was for Scottsdale rates.  However once they realized that I actually lived in Phoenix they had to recalculate the tax.  Delayed my closing by a half hour

So that's my "source".  Maybe the dealer was full of BS but that's what they told me.

You pay sales tax where you buy not where you live.

if you buy a TV in Flagstaff but live in Tucson Best Buy doesn’t ask you where you live when you check out  

• Like 3

OK so the state has a car sales tax calculator here:  https://usetax.az.gov/Home/VehicleUseTaxCalculator

The state has a base tax.

Then there is a county tax added on

Then there is a city tax added on

I played with it enough to determine that the state tax never varies, the city tax is based on where you live, and the county tax (at least in Maricopa) seems to be stuck at zero.

6 minutes ago, JSR said:

You pay sales tax where you buy not where you live.

if you buy a TV in Flagstaff but live in Tucson Best Buy doesn’t ask you where you live when you check out  

Not in the case of a car.  They do ask you where you live AND they charge your tax based on that location.

4 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Don't you have to have 2 jobs today to survive ?

Whoops wrong guy sorry

Edited by JiminAZ
my mistake

On 3/20/2023 at 5:33 PM, trphyhntr said:

Source?

see above link 3 posts up