Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Toyota Dealer Recommendation

19 hours ago, Adicted said:

Not everyone has 30K in the bank to buy new chit....

Exactly.  because they buy new cars when they can’t afford it.  My wife is a stay at home mom, we have young kids and I earn a public servant salary. I’ve bought my last 3 cars in cash, haven’t made a car payment in 10 years, no debt, 6 figures in retirement, pension and set to retire in 5 years at age 50 and i feel that I still can’t afford a new car. Never got a dime from anyone. Teach your kids how to manage money and they won’t be living paycheck to paycheck. 

I have never bought a new car in my life. Don’t own a credit card. Don’t be a slave to the bankers. 

Being able to make a monthly payment doesn’t mean you can afford it.  But hey, if you all want to work until your Social Security age, knock yourselves out!

Not trying to be a troll… trying to help people have financial freedom. 

• Like 4

My wife and I will be paying close to $900 this year just to get new tags on 2 cars.

All of us pay $0.18 per gallon state gas tax at the pump. (plus fed gas tax)

My question is this,.....why do the roads still suck?

I think the 300 road up on the rim is smoother than 1-17 between Phx and Tucson. 

I heard Hatch was good but I also know that they weren't selling to anyone that wasn't local. Maybe it's changed since all the shortages and covid started but thats what they told my friend who was looking for a rav4 for her son. I get it.

1 minute ago, Lucafu1 said:

I heard Hatch was good but I also know that they weren't selling to anyone that wasn't local. Maybe it's changed since all the shortages and covid started but thats what they told my friend who was looking for a rav4 for her son. I get it.

Never heard that, but there was a shortage.

Had Terrible dealings with hatch’s in Showlow . 
baught a used car several years ago - that went ok until about 2 months later we get a bill from them saying we owe another $250 or something like that ( I can’t remember exact numbers ) anyway I’m like what the heck we paid for everything that day - title , reg. Etc …. Anyway the lady calls us on this bill and I ask her what it was for and she said your title registration fee on your contract was just a “guess” on our part and this is what it really came out to and you signed such and such a line on the contract saying you would pay the difference when it came back ….. I said I have no idea what you are talking about I signed no such thing and no such thing was ever discussed during the sale . AND YOU SALE  HOW MANY CARS A YEAR AND CANT “guess” closer than $250.00 …. ON WHAT IT WOULD BE ?? I said no I did NOT sign anything ( I’m having my wife pull out the Paper work as we are talking ) and she said yes such a such line ….. I said lady I’m looking at my copy and NO my signature is not on that paper ( she didn’t know I was looking at it ) she just gasp as I caught her in a lie and said well I’ll take that amount of the salesman’s pay for not doing his job and she hung up on me . 

1 hour ago, Curtis Reed said:

Exactly.  because they buy new cars when they can’t afford it.  My wife is a stay at home mom, we have young kids and I earn a public servant salary. I’ve bought my last 3 cars in cash, haven’t made a car payment in 10 years, no debt, 6 figures in retirement, pension and set to retire in 5 years at age 50 and i feel that I still can’t afford a new car. Never got a dime from anyone. Teach your kids how to manage money and they won’t be living paycheck to paycheck. 

I have never bought a new car in my life. Don’t own a credit card. Don’t be a slave to the bankers. 

Being able to make a monthly payment doesn’t mean you can afford it.  But hey, if you all want to work until your Social Security age, knock yourselves out!

Thanks Dave...  if your wife got a job doing Uber or door dash, maybe you could feel like you could afford a new car..

10 hours ago, JiminAZ said:

Not in the case of a car.  They do ask you where you live AND they charge your tax based on that location.

Do you have a link to a source. everything I’ve read on ADOT said tax is based on where they take delivery of the vehicle. But maybe I missed it 

4 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Do you have a link to a source. everything I’ve read on ADOT said tax is based on where they take delivery of the vehicle. But maybe I missed it 

Exactly. Thats why Oracle Ford advertises this because they are outside of Tucson limits (no city tax).

• Like 2

Registration fees(taxes) are based on where you live not where you bought the vehicle.

1 hour ago, Curtis Reed said:

To be fair these days a brand new car or truck is a better deal than lightly used. Even old stuff, people think their gasser 2000 tundras are still worth $10k with 300k miles. Im shopping for a new work truck and difference between new and 3~5 yrs old with 100k miles is only 20~30%