Sign in to follow this  
Redman

Toy hauler - tire wear outside passengers

Hi Everyone 

Trying to figure out why the passenger side tries are wearing on the outside on my toy hauler (tandem axel). Driver side has normal wear.

The rear / back tire has much more outside wear than the front / forward tire. 

When I jacked up the trailer to test the wheel bearing (they seem fine) - I inspected the shackles- one has play on the forward shackle the shackle on the back does not.  See video. 

Any ideas - stock tires 2017 trailer.  Hate to replace tires to have them wear again.  Recommended any repair shops? 

thanks Andy 

That sucks. Ever smack a curb? I would probably remove the tires and see if anything looks bent. Maybe remove everything down to the spindles depending what you see. 

• Like 1

Sounds like a bent axel or hanger. My friend  had the same  issue it was almost every  time he took out his trailer he would  need to replace  a tire . I'll see if he has info on where he took  it. It's auto safety  house in Phoenix  

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies - the joys of toys -

I have curbed turning a few times and also cattle guards down dirt roads are a problem and that dang temporary bridge in Florence 

Could have bent something - also been reading the bushings can wear out also in the shackles and bolts to leaf springs. 

Tres are 7 years old time to replace, but don’t want to ruin new tires.

I had one tire do this on mine…luckily still under warranty. The mfr decided to replace the axle, but I don’t remember if they determined it was bent or the exact cause. It did resolve the issue though. 

• Like 1

Wrangler Trailers in Mesa can fix you up.  They kept all my toys road ready.  Reasonable and they know there stuff.  480-600-2317  Good luck!

• Like 1