Sign in to follow this  
Yuma Outdoorsman

Arizona Special Big Game Tags

I haven't been active on here in quite some time so I am sorry if this topic has already been discussed. I got an email yesterday about a new raffle by game and fish for mule deer, coues, and mountain lion. After looking into it more, it appears they've already done it for elk, turkey and antelope and will be doing it for bear, bighorn, buffalo and javelina. The cost will be $10 a tag and you can enter as many times as you would like. Anybody going to buy some entries? 

10 Big Game Species - Conservation First USA : Conservation First USA

2 minutes ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

I haven't been active on here in quite some time so I am sorry if this topic has already been discussed. I got an email yesterday about a new raffle by game and fish for mule deer, coues, and mountain lion. After looking into it more, it appears they've already done it for elk, turkey and antelope and will be doing it for bear, bighorn, buffalo and javelina. The cost will be $10 a tag and you can enter as many times as you would like. Anybody going to buy some entries? 

10 Big Game Species - Conservation First USA : Conservation First USA

This is just the AZ big game super raffle rebranded.  Same tags they are just selling them through a different format and spreading them out. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Fricken money grab, I won't do it again.

Yes is it a money grab and the money does really good things for wildlife.

0C4DB029-35A9-47FA-8885-0AB573680591.thumb.jpeg.ff24c02d9ed7696052343e64101edd87.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, wildwoody said:

Fricken money grab, I won't do it again.

Why would you not want money to go toward wildlife?  This is one of the few ways that willing buyers can put money toward something they love and everyone benefits. Explain how that is a bad thing? 

• Like 1

One thing that they changed is now you can only buy tickets if you are in Arizona.

They check your location when you buy them

I guess if you have a good VPN you could fool it though.

• Like 1

To me, it doesn't feel like a money grab simply because it's voluntary.   Give some dough to take a chance or not.....   

Good that there is accountability and proof of the direct positive impact that the money has on wildlife projects.

No big deal, IMO.

• Like 4

I'm pretty stingy with my money but I will and do support the things I believe in.  Wildlife and conservation are very important to me so I will support things such as this.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, JSR said:

One thing that they changed is now you can only buy tickets if you are in Arizona.

They check your location when you buy them

I guess if you have a good VPN you could fool it though.

Federal law changed.  Kind of sucks.  Ran into the issue with other states on things I was trying to buy 

I hope the K4 juniper thinning is not the K4 ranch in yavapai county. They do not allow hunter access. 

• Like 3

Totally get your point, and agree with your answer about supporting wildlife, I guess what I ment , they throw in awesome January hunts ,  so then all us losers like me get excited that we have another chance, throw down again, nothing. I guess hunting in AZ has become a dream. So your right I'm donating every year so whats little more. What did Bob do now??

3 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Totally get your point, and agree with your answer about supporting wildlife, I guess what I ment , they throw in awesome January hunts ,  so then all us losers like me get excited that we have another chance, throw down again, nothing. I guess hunting in AZ has become a dream. So your right I'm donating every year so whats little more. What did Bob do now??

As mentioned above these are the 365 day super raffle tags just under a new name. Nothing really has changed except the name 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Explorer said:

I hope the K4 juniper thinning is not the K4 ranch in yavapai county. They do not allow hunter access. 

Some where over there they are doing a huge juniper clearing.   I can’t find it on their website but a million acres rings a bell.  Can’t imagine gf would spend hunter dollars without having an access agreement.    But ya never know. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Northern Pintail said:

Some where over there they are doing a huge juniper clearing.   I can’t find it on their website but a million acres rings a bell.  Can’t imagine gf would spend hunter dollars without having an access agreement.    But ya never know. 

They are almost Dr. Geillers neighbors so who knows.  The K4 is also not posted properly so it is "huntable". Also who is in charge of making sure they didn't just buy some equipment and do the minimum to pocket the rest. Because that has already been happening for years in yavapai county ranch country. Hopefully it is a access agreement that is improving antelope hunting and future higher tag numbers in those units.

• Like 1