Sign in to follow this  
Evan T

Predator Season

Didn't get out much this year so I only got 2 grey fox and 2 coyotes. I did manage to take a bobcat so I guess that made made up for it.

5.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 10

nicely done. The rifle looks like a 22 magnum. What kind of effective range have you been getting out of that caliber.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 2:52 PM, ronk said:

nicely done. The rifle looks like a 22 magnum. What kind of effective range have you been getting out of that caliber.

Yes it is a 22 mag. About 50 yards.

ok, thanks. I have been debating whether to use my 22 mag or bump up to a 22-250 for when they hang up a little further out.

You definetly did more and better than me. I used to use a 22 MAG a lot for coyotes and Javalina. Taken several of them from 2 yards to upto 125 yards away. Later on a switched to a .222 REM.

• Like 1

Nice spots on that cat and solid work, I also use a 22 mag but in a CZ. 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 5:52 PM, ronk said:

ok, thanks. I have been debating whether to use my 22 mag or bump up to a 22-250 for when they hang up a little further out.

Big difference between the two. 22 mag is not really a long range gun when compared to 22-250. The 22-250 probably not so good for up close work.

On 4/1/2023 at 7:21 PM, Ernesto C said:

You definetly did more and better than me. I used to use a 22 MAG a lot for coyotes and Javalina. Taken several of them from 2 yards to upto 125 yards away. Later on a switched to a .222 REM.

I've taken two coyotes and two bobcats with this rifle all between 25 to 50 yards using just the iron sights. I just recently mounted a scope on it for next season.