richs4839

Looking for bi-pod Mid price range

Would love a hatch, atlas, spartan or one of the $400 bipods don’t know if I am willing to spend that much. Was looking for suggestions on the magpul bipod or the Harris bipod and or if anyone has something available? Would prefer 9-13” or taller. 

Harris is the way to go if you don’t wanna make the jump to an expensive one 

11 minutes ago, Mathews said:

Harris is the way to go if you don’t wanna make the jump to an expensive one 

Harris is the way to go even if you wanna make the jump to an expensive one.  I’ve had a few different ones and still keep coming back to the Harris.  Truly the best all around bipod made.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yotebuster said:

Harris is the way to go even if you wanna make the jump to an expensive one.  I’ve had a few different ones and still keep coming back to the Harris.  Truly the best all around bipod made.  

I’m pretty partial to my atlas but it’s not a huge gap between the two 

6 hours ago, Mathews said:

I’m pretty partial to my atlas but it’s not a huge gap between the two 

I have had a couple prone style high end bipods.  You can lean into them better than the Harris for sure.  My problem is hunting on the prairie there is always grass to contend with.  I find that in the desert or mountains there’s less grass and you usually are on a hillside so you can get prone.  I would say 98% of my shots here in ND, MT and WY on the grasslands are off my butt.  There’s a Harris that fits me absolutely perfect prone when collapsed and perfect shooting off my but when extended.  There’s no other bipod that can do that without carrying a bunch of extra crap around with you.  

• Like 1

Harris. I have the short one for prone and the 25" for sitting. I put a pic rail on my rifle and the pic qd adapter and pod-lock on both bipods. I can quickly install either one.

1 hour ago, yotebuster said:

I have had a couple prone style high end bipods.  You can lean into them better than the Harris for sure.  My problem is hunting on the prairie there is always grass to contend with.  I find that in the desert or mountains there’s less grass and you usually are on a hillside so you can get prone.  I would say 98% of my shots here in ND, MT and WY on the grasslands are off my butt.  There’s a Harris that fits me absolutely perfect prone when collapsed and perfect shooting off my but when extended.  There’s no other bipod that can do that without carrying a bunch of extra crap around with you.  

I keep an arca attachment on my rifle to shoot off the tripod if I have to sit 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, yotebuster said:

Which model do you like for that?

47 minutes ago, NewlyMinted said:

Which model do you like for that?

I run the S25.  The S25c is the same thing just has 2” longer lower legs so all heights are 2” taller.  Taller guys have better luck with that one in prone and on their but, I’m 5’ 10” and really like the regular s25.  I also would prefer my bipod be a tiny bit short rather than a tiny bit tall if I had to err on one side or the other.  Can always lean into it a bit but if it’s too tall you’re trying to raise up in your spine and that’s no bueno.  

• Like 1

I run the 13-27” when hunting. 13” is pretty perfect for prone as I put my pack under the back and shoot off of it. Also, if you have to sit up you can stand your pack vertically and use it for the rear as well. Super sturdy. I shot a bear at 357y last year sitting on my butt as it was on a slope. Only a Harris would have worked due to the angle without changing out legs which I didn’t have time to do. 

• Like 2