IA Born

Son Lost His Billfold

My son may have lost his billfold in Unit 1 yesterday (Sat, 4/22) on the youth hunt.  The east/southeast side of Burro Mountain is the only place where we stopped so he could shed some layers and we had lunch there at my truck.  I will gladly send someone an OnX pin of where we parked on a side road off the 116 and where he may have lost his billfold.  There was good turkey sign in the area (none talking), so getting his billfold back is worth sharing this spot.  If you plan on hunting there, will be in the area, or want a spot, please PM me your cell number and I'll text you an OnX pin.  Or if you found it (last name Wooldridge), we'd greatly appreciate getting it back.

His credit card and debit card will be canceled today, but he has other stuff in there he'd really like to have back. Cross posting in the turkey forum, too.

• Like 1

I’m  just intrigued to hear someone use the term “billfold”.   Old school….  😉

Hope he gets it back!  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stanley said:

I’m  just intrigued to hear someone use the term “billfold”.   Old school….  😉

Hope he gets it back!  

What can I say?  I'm old school Gen-X raised by a combat-hardened Baby-Boomer.  My son even called it his billfold. Guess I'm raising him right.  Thanks!

• Like 8

Ima boomer, wallet. Hope it’s recovered,I get nauseous when my mine is missing. So far always been DAS…. Dumb arse syndrome, and it reappears with logic.   Or my wife’s uterine tracking device 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Text me the spot and I will check tomorrow. Your turkey spot is safe with me.  I rarely hunt turkeys. 928.358.9183 

Fred

• Like 6
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, idgaf said:

Text me the spot and I will check tomorrow. Your turkey spot is safe with me.  I rarely hunt turkeys. 928.358.9183 

Fred

Text inbound!!!  YOU ROCK!!

So now that we know its a Billfold, what about the next dress - are they called suspenders or braces?

15 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Billfold or Wallet is more of a colloquialism/regional thing. If you find it let him know.

This got me to researching the terms.  I like this article, in particular. 

https://www.thewalletshoppe.com/billfold-vs-wallet/

I really like this quote: "Billfold is an archaic term describing a wallet that literally “folds” bills (e.g. a traditional bifold or trifold). Wallet is a broader term, so all billfolds are wallets, but not all wallets are billfolds."  I kinda like being called archaic.  I grew up with the term billfold and its what I use the majority of the time.  In reality, I don't care what its called.  I'd just like to help my son get his money-license-HE Card-holding thing back home.  I greatly appreciate Fred being willing to help!

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, n2horns said:

So now that we know its a Billfold, what about the next dress - are they called suspenders or braces?

'spenders'

• Like 1

17 hours ago, idgaf said:

Fred

Thanks for checking today!  I appreciate this greatly.  I'm hoping someone else found it.  Please let me know if you're in Flagstaff and I'll buy you coffee or a drink.

4 hours ago, IA Born said:

Thanks for checking today!  I appreciate this greatly.  I'm hoping someone else found it.  Please let me know if you're in Flagstaff and I'll buy you coffee or a drink.

No problem. It got me away from my computer for a couple of hours.  Deal on either. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, stanley said:

'spenders'

Suspenders (American English, Canadian English), or braces (British English, Australian English) are fabric or leather straps worn over the shoulders to hold up skirts or trousers.

• Like 1