IA Born

Son Lost His Billfold

Something about the way I was getting out of the tractor at work was making my wallet fall out. 

Found it the first couple times but eventually my luck ran out.

An old timer asked me if he could metal detect on the acreage I work on and I said "sure."

Dang if he didn't come across my wallet. We're good friends  now.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

10 hours ago, n2horns said:

So now that we know its a Billfold, what about the next dress - are they called suspenders or braces?

I’ve never heard them called braces…I’ve used the term billfold for years though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, n2horns said:

Suspenders (American English, Canadian English), or braces (British English, Australian English) are fabric or leather straps worn over the shoulders to hold up skirts or trousers.

An old codger friend of my dad's always called suspenders "spenders" or "spinders" without the prefix 'sus' at the beginning.....    Just his small town way of pronouncing it. ;) 

man I hope someone finds it for you!

I lost mine some years back on an archery deer hunt. I was camped near Haigler creek and changed clothes before heading back to the valley. When we stopped to get gas I realized in a panic it was gone!

We continued to the valley after tearing apart all my gear. I get home and get ready to go back up by myself when I got to thinking......... I always see a truck parked at a house before the creek with a Haigler Creek Outfitter sticker on the back of it! I google it and the address comes up to the house by the creek. I had talked to KC from that outfit in the field a couple times. Seen him out and about while glassing around bar x ranch bringing HUUUGEE cedar tree cuts out.... like the kind for making furniture. Also seen his picture with a giant late season bull at the restaurant in Young.  He was always polite when we spoke. So I called the number on the website.

KC answered the phone and I proceed to explain to him where we were camped and asked if he'd mind going to the campsite to take a quick look before I go back up there, he said sure no problem.

5 minutes later I get a call back and the guy says is this James Walton adress ......... I said I guess you found it. Said he had to come to the valley for some work and he'd bring it down with him!

I was so relieved!!!!!! Very lucky!

He also refused to take any $

jlw

• Like 9