Sign in to follow this  
Little Creek Calls

Youth Turkey 2023

I was able to take my son on his second youth turkey hunt this past weekend (last year being the first). After several close calls on the first day of the hunt with no shots fired he was able to connect on this tom on the second morning. The birds threw us a curve ball on the first evening and roosted in a different location several ridges away. From hunting this location in years past I knew where I wanted to get before first light and set up. The birds ended up being roosted a little farther than what I had thought but I still liked my chances and setup. There were several toms gobbling off the roost but you could hear the hens show up to pick them up. They were out of sight over a ridge or two. It sounded like they were starting to head the other way but luckily the boss hen was talkative and we got into a nice argument. After about 5 minutes of back and forth she decided to come kick my butt. And guess who she brought with her a strutting gobbling tom. My son made a great one shot kill to the head. I love it when a plan comes together. It is so fun and exciting to be able to share these experiences with my son, some of my favorite hunting memories.

ht1.jpg

ht2.jpg

ht4.jpg

• Like 33
  • Love 3

Very Cool!  Sounds like he will an avid turkey hunter for life...

Great job. Appreciate all your wise advice on calling. The only reason we were successful was because all that teaching you did is paying off. 👊 

Very cool! Sounds like you guys had a blast. Nothing like getting into them when they're vocal! Congrats guys!