Sign in to follow this  
Hoss50

Best HD Scope Mount Setup?

I have 2 Howa 1500/Weatherby Vanguard type rifles that need new scope rail/ring setups. I want something that is stout and dependable, these will be go to hunting rifles. Both rifles currently have Leupold standard dovetail front, screw rear setups.

1 is on a 300 weatherby mag, and the rear screw mount is failing. The 2nd rifle is a lighter 6.5x55. Both rifles will have 30mm tube 50mm objective scopes. Burris Veracity 3x15x50 if it matters. Neither rifle needs to be 1200 yard type rifles so I don't need 20moa type cant. 

Thoughts? I am thinking DNZ Game Reaper? I like rails and nice rings, but that is $$$. What would you do? 

I'm in the process up setting up a somewhat lightweight rifle and went with the DNZ Game Reaper set up.

I like the one-piece base and have run them before with no issues.  

I run a Nightforce rail (one piece) and seekins rings for just about everything. Never had an issue with anything losing zero or coming loose. Be sure to use loctite on all the screws and torque down appropriately. 

45 minutes ago, SHOOTER said:

I run a Nightforce rail (one piece) and seekins rings for just about everything. Never had an issue with anything losing zero or coming loose. Be sure to use loctite on all the screws and torque down appropriately. 

I have a similar setup on 1 rifle and it has been good. It is just more $$$ and honestly it is more screws to come loose than something like a DNZ which is why I was looking at those maybe.

I use loctite on all the screws for rings and bases for sure. 

37 minutes ago, 654321 said:

I have the Talley alloy lightweight rings on a CA 300 win mag and they have worked well.

I also have them on a 243, 30-06 and 7 Mag and have never had a problem. I also use blue loctite, torque them to about 15"lbs and let them sit for a day before shooting them. The rings on the Tikka 06 have been on there for close to 20 years.

I put DNZ on my daughter's rifle, great setup. Just ordered another that will be delivered today for my new rifle. On sale on Amazon right now. Can't go wrong with DNZ.

I have run DNZ game reapers on several rifles.   So far, every time I have put a new scope set at factory zero in a one piece game reaper mount,  I was basically bore sighted at 100 yards.  A few shots and adjustments and I'm sighted in.  Says something about their machining.

I just installed the Burris XTR Signatire rings in my savage 110 ultralight. You can use the MOA sleeves to add MOA to the scope without using a rail. They run about $165