Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Meanwhile out at Bartlett...

37 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

Actually, it’s karma…. So many people are leaving their rigs for weeks and months there and on forest lands. Run up on the occasional weekends, and don’t pay storage fees.  The Williams area got really bad a few years back, I heard they finally started enforcing the 14 day limit.  I’m sure the lakes had the same action going on. Probably why you can hardly find a space to park/camp by the water anymore.

If they are starting to enforce it in the forests, that is great news. I hope they haul them out on I17/40 and put wheel chalks on them. It's ridiculous. 

Guy I used to work  with got a phone call telling him he had 24 hours to get his trailer off  of Forest land up by Dogtown Lake,  or it would be towed a few years back.

• Like 1

I was in unit 1 last week and saw 7 different rvs that had been dropped. No vehicles, no equipment, just the rig sitting for hours with no movement. Instead of buying land and paying property taxes, some just use their rv as a mobile cabin. They'll head up anytime they please and hog the campsite all summer long. Not cool.

Hunting  deer up in 12a we ran across  an old guy living  outa his trailer  up there. He would  run a po box for his disability  checks he said.  And only move around  due to the weather  . Said he would  travel  to different  national  forest and such just to live for free . 

1 hour ago, Crazymonkey said:

Hunting  deer up in 12a we ran across  an old guy living  outa his trailer  up there. He would  run a po box for his disability  checks he said.  And only move around  due to the weather  . Said he would  travel  to different  national  forest and such just to live for free . 

Sounds pretty awesome to me....

• Like 2

The onslaught of people living on public lands will, at some point, cause a whole new set of rules for public land use that will likely negatively affect us all.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Swivelhead said:

The onslaught of people living on public lands will, at some point, cause a whole new set of rules for public land use that will likely negatively affect us all.

Like everything else, just start enforcing the rules that are in place - but that doesn't seem to happen anywhere anymore. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jdown said:

Like everything else, just start enforcing the rules that are in place - but that doesn't seem to happen anywhere anymore. 

100% 

Can't rememeber the last time I saw USFS enforcing much. They should greatly expand that department. More LEOs.

40 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

100% 

Can't rememeber the last time I saw USFS enforcing much. They should greatly expand that department. More LEOs.

Its a two edged sword.

More enforcement would be good but I could also see only purple haired, hunter hating, man buns being hired on as new USFS employees. 

• Like 6

I'm good with all the rules.. bring them on. Too many roads, too many idiots creating roads, too many idiots using the forest as their storage/summer rental, too many idiots ruining roads that should remain, burning fires during no fires, shooting when no shooting, and so on and so on and so on and so on.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ha. You guys should see the road to Marshall Lake. All summer last year it looked like a homeless encampment with RVs and vans from the 60’s.  Felt like I was driving through San Fran! Definitely on guard driving through that mess. And the USFS does nothing. 

5 hours ago, jdown said:

I'm good with all the rules.. bring them on. Too many roads, too many idiots creating roads, too many idiots using the forest as their storage/summer rental, too many idiots ruining roads that should remain, burning fires during no fires, shooting when no shooting, and so on and so on and so on and so on.  

Idiots creating roads REALLY chaps by arse. For ever, there was no road on the hill we spread my grandfathers ashes.... well, people like to glass from it and now there is a road across it. 

Unit 1, the one you can see from the pull off, just past the boundary. 

22 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Idiots creating roads REALLY chaps by arse. For ever, there was no road on the hill we spread my grandfathers ashes.... well, people like to glass from it and now there is a road across it. 

Unit 1, the one you can see from the pull off, just past the boundary. 

A 35+year old cattle trail from a mesa to a prime whitetail spot I've been putting salt at has been turned into a road over the last two years.  The tracks end about 15 yards from a primo blind area overlooking a beautiful bowl.  Pretty much sucks.

• Like 1