Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

Worst Waste of Money

A Golden Eagle compound bow. It would break limbs on a regular basis. It literally exploded in the front seat while I was driving down the road. Scared the snot out of me

Swarovski's first rangefinder that cyclops pos - couldn't operate one handed, couldn't find crap in it.... someone broke into my trailer and among everything else stole that - almost made it worth it to get rid of that thing. 

The old-school swarovski doubler for sure. +1 on any vortex rangefinder - they blow.

• Like 2

I had an old Bear bow that squeaked so bad when you drew an arrow a deer could hear it 200 yards away.

I also had a PSE jet flight express and the limbs broke on it. I was set up at a shop on the heavy side to. PSE covered it under warranty but I wasn't about to get slapped in the face by the cables again so when it came back I sold it.  

Kuiu bino chest pack was trash to me. 

Been pretty lucky otherwise with purchases.

• Like 4

Browning BAR in 300 Win Mag. FTE with factory or handloads. Sent it back to them and also to Jim the gunsmith at Don's and couldn't get it straightened out. Burnt pwder/gas would blow back into the magazine all over the ammo.

Maybe not specifically a hunting item, but one I take to hunting camp; Blackstone, two burner, table top griddle. Unevenly heats and goes through 1lb tanks faster than anything I've seen before. Can only cook one basic meal per tank. 

add another for the Vortex rangefinder. Mine is practically useless past 600 yards for anything smaller than a barn. 

31 minutes ago, verdehunter said:

Maybe not specifically a hunting item, but one I take to hunting camp; Blackstone, two burner, table top griddle. Unevenly heats and goes through 1lb tanks faster than anything I've seen before. Can only cook one basic meal per tank. 

Get a bigger tank attachment? My blackstone 2 burner is the best purchase of my life. No cheeseburger can compare to a blackstone cheeseburger. Look at the chicken sandwhich I fried the other day on that mf’er 

8EA395D7-A032-48CC-8115-DD5BBC458515.jpeg

619AC1D5-2C86-4899-9D65-8EAFA0A9F6B5.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Get a bigger tank attachment? My blackstone 2 burner is the best purchase of my life. No cheeseburger can compare to a blackstone cheeseburger. Look at the chicken sandwhich I fried the other day on that mf’er 

Get a hose and use a 5 gallon tank. It probably says something to that effect in the directions, that us guys never read until we end up with extra parts or it doesn't work.

47 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

8EA395D7-A032-48CC-8115-DD5BBC458515.jpeg

619AC1D5-2C86-4899-9D65-8EAFA0A9F6B5.jpeg

I guess you are cooking on the next sheep hunt

4 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

What was your worst waste of money spent on hunting equipment?

I can recall having a Rangematic 1000.  Bumps and temp changes sent it into an errant tizzy.  Making a WAG on yardage was often more accurate.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203869511906?hash=item2f7791e0e2:g:JMMAAOSwjEBiJ2yd

Is this the one where you needed to dial the two squares together for yardage?  Lol terrible. 

My worst hunting equipment was a 6.4 L 2008 Ford F250

• Like 1