Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

Worst Waste of Money

On 5/12/2023 at 10:26 AM, ctafoya said:

Remington 700. 

I wouldn't even consider parting with this old school tack driver (700P / 308 Win).

IMG-7653.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/11/2023 at 9:29 PM, Newbie2012 said:

Years ago on a whim, bought a BassPro branded rifle bipod thinking I could buy 2 for the price of one Harris. I believe the brand was Rangemaxx???  Pure junk!  

I agree.  I’ve bought a couple Harris clones and it’s like the build them to purposely fall apart.  Can’t hardly tell the difference in them in your hand except that one will have a piece falling off of it as you hold it

On 5/12/2023 at 11:45 AM, AZBIG10 said:

BTX = GOAT safe queen

am I wrong ?

I use mine all the time!  

• Like 1

+1 on the old school range finder that you had to turn the dial until the two pictures lined up.  Worthless, every time you pulled it out of your pack, you had to re-calibrate the stupid thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, el diablo said:

Always laughed at those fing things

seems like it might be handy if you were trying to hang a whole deer to age in a walk-in cooler or a cold shed, but not very applicable for those of us who hunt in the southwest, especially if you're not a road hunter and aren't packing out whole deer very often

Harrington and Richardson Buffalo Classic in 45-70

Nice walnut stock and checkering and accurate as heck but the head space was off from the factory. It would fail to fire every few shots. Replaced the hammer spring with a Wolf heavy duty, machined .050 off the hammer to drive the firing pin in further, all the internet fixes. Sent it back to the factory came back the same way. Tucson gunsmith charged me $160 in labor but couldn't fix it.

• Wow! 1

18 hours ago, singleshot said:

Harrington and Richardson Buffalo Classic in 45-70

Nice walnut stock and checkering and accurate as heck but the head space was off from the factory. It would fail to fire every few shots. Replaced the hammer spring with a Wolf heavy duty, machined .050 off the hammer to drive the firing pin in further, all the internet fixes. Sent it back to the factory came back the same way. Tucson gunsmith charged me $160 in labor but couldn't fix it.

wow. That's upsetting. 

Opportunity cost for taking the free online hunter's Ed. They don't have the final class anywhere nearby so they want you to take the other class at a charge. What a waste of time!

• Like 1

I’ve never spent a dime on hunting that wasn’t a complete waste….

yet here I am at the archery shop…take my money.

• Like 1

Ammo during the election. Bushnell anything and yes antelope points.

• Like 1

I fricken had one of those like fitty years back.

Best purchase, Halo jump starter

Worst purchase, sling sticks

• Like 1