Sign in to follow this  
benbhntr

Anyone else get a call from azgfd about draw mixup?

I received a call from a lady at azgfd yesterday afternoon telling me there was a draw issue and I should have received a tag but did not and that they will issue me a tag next week once it's signed off by the powers that be at game and fish. I am a nonres but have a lifetime license so wondering if somehow I got capped at the 10% when I shouldn't have been. I am extremely excited to be hunting az bulls in the rut with my bow this year.  

• Like 7

Sounds Strang butt it is the game and fish. Congrats

• Like 1

Been discussion on MM, one guy there has some pretty good evidence that there was a screw up. I wonder how many NR with lifetime license this affected?  Personally I believe it is time the department relooks at the residency requirements for obtaining a lifetime license. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, 654321 said:

Been discussion on MM, one guy there has some pretty good evidence that there was a screw up. I wonder how many NR with lifetime license this affected?  Personally I believe it is time the department relooks at the residency requirements for obtaining a lifetime license. 

Been reading that thread over there. That guy should have received a tag. I believe there were 2 guys on that thread that were affected. Wonder if the OP is the guy over on MM.

• Like 1

Go buy a scratcher or power ball ticket, might as well with that kind of luck. Congrats on the Tag

• Like 1

My brother just texted me that he was called yesterday. Lifetime license and lives in Denver. Had 18 points for elk and was unsuccessful drawing a unit  9 archery. We'll see what happens.

Haven't posted on that thread but will let yall know what happens next week and when tag shows up in portal account. I also thought that  it could have been  just a big point creep/jump this year. 

I’ve always been skeptical in the past when applying with mine but have drawn a tag or two over the years that were definitely from the resident pool so it’s worked in the past.  Must have had a glitch in the system this year.  

I’d say there was a screwup. 
a nonresident friend of mine got a unit 9 early muzzleloader tag with only 14 points 

35 minutes ago, Titanium700 said:

a nonresident friend of mine got a unit 9 early muzzleloader tag with only 14 points 

Always possible now that NR can draw in the random

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Titanium700 said:

Your NR friend probably drew a tag in the random draw.

4 hours ago, knothead said:

You NR friend probably drew a tag in the random draw.

According to the draw report there was 1 NR with 19pts that drew and 1 NR with 29 pts. 1 R drew with 14 so unless that R was a NR with a lifetime license the draw report doesnt show any NR with 14 points drawing.