Sign in to follow this  
benbhntr

Anyone else get a call from azgfd about draw mixup?

1 hour ago, 654321 said:

According to the draw report there was 1 NR with 19pts that drew and 1 NR with 29 pts. 1 R drew with 14 so unless that R was a NR with a lifetime license the draw report doesnt show any NR with 14 points drawing.

nonresidents get put in the resident pool, so it might appear as an R even though they no longer reside in AZ

2 minutes ago, Savageman2506 said:

nonresidents get put in the resident pool, so it might appear as an R even though they no longer reside in AZ

There is a post on monstermuleys.com and a NR who has a lifetime license got a call from G&F and said they messed up, and a 3a-3c early archery bull tag was coming his way.  He also said they told him NR's with a lifetime license get put into the non-resident draw, not the resident.  I always wondered how it worked because numbers on reports never seemed to match. 

Moving forward it would be nice if their bonus pass and regular draw reports showed all the nr's with lifetime licenses and had a separate column listing the hunts they draw.  I think the reason so many people knew they should have drawn was a lot of high point holders cashed in their points and applied this year due to heavy precipitation, late start date for early archery and the realization they probably aren't going to get the hunt they really wanted due to point creep.  When a guy with 18 points doesn't draw a tag that can normally be drawn with 14-15 points that makes you do a little research. 

I'll be honest, I really have my doubts on the soundness of the AZ draw system now.  An outside audit of the system looks to be in order.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, knothead said:

Your NR friend probably drew a tag in the random draw.

That’s what I figure and he does not have a lifetime license. 
wish I would’ve got one though. 

To let those that wanna know know i had 11 points for a unit that has been consistently 11 points for bonus pass for early archery. Getting a lifetime license for me and my son was one of the best things I did before leaving. 

• Like 2

I got this same call, supposedly calling back this week to get the credit card info for the tag.  Lifetime with 16 points for unit 9 archery.

• Like 3

Well update for you folks. Finally got the call for payment of tag and now it shows up in portal account. There where multiple employees of azgfd that were sick over last few weeks that had to sign off on my tag getting to me. It was confirmed that it was a mess up for the lifetime license holders in the bonus pass, they capped them with the 10%. Woo-hoo chasing bugling bulls with my bow. 

• Like 7

Reading through this thread, everyone should remember that the G&F could have just ignored it, so give them credit for doing the right thing.  While some may have figured it out concluding they should have drawn a tag, my guess is most probably would not have...

Thank you G&F for taking ownership of the mistake & "correcting it!"

(my two cents...)

• Like 2

I think the AZGFD needs to revaluate the LIfetime license requirements. It is way to easy to live here for 6 months and establish residency and then buy a lifetime license and then move on and then not be in the 10% cap. I think you should have to be a resident for at least 5 years before you're able to buy a lifetime license. Heck in order to qualify for a Pioneer license you have to be 70 years old and live in the state for 25 consecutive years.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, 654321 said:

I think the AZGFD needs to revaluate the LIfetime license requirements. It is way to easy to live here for 6 months and establish residency and then buy a lifetime license and then move on and then not be in the 10% cap. I think you should have to be a resident for at least 5 years before you're able to buy a lifetime license. Heck in order to qualify for a Pioneer license you have to be 70 years old and live in the state for 25 consecutive years.

Yupp that’s a garbage rule, if you move out of state your an out of stater from that point on, period??

• Like 1

Ain't gonna help our draw success, I just donate anymore