Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Another early monsoon?

I read a study a couple years ago and it was saying once you get past like a 12 days forecast, scientists have not been able to find a way to reliably predict weather, and the historical average of the weather for that calendar day was a better predictor than anything else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sneaker said:

I read a study a couple years ago and it was saying once you get past like a 12 days forecast, scientists have not been able to find a way to reliably predict weather, and the historical average of the weather for that calendar day was a better predictor than anything else.

One thing we make fun of is the weather apps.......course I just have the free one as does my wife, but on any given day her phone app and my phone app regarding weather can be vastly different.

We got a good slow drizzle yesterday as the sun went down......

23 hours ago, BowHuntAZ said:

https://arizonaweatherforce.com/

This guy has been pretty spot on for the short time I've been watching his forecasts.  Calling for a good strong monsoon season!

I hit a bad hail storm on the 180 heading northwest out of Flagstaff yesterday. I pulled over and drove my truck into a thicket of pines because I was afraid the pea-sized hail would turn into quarter sized hail! No damage to truck, but I decided I'd shoot my bow another time and went home. Ground was white like it had just snowed after. Sure wish I'd paid attention to the forecast! I figured it'd just be some occasional showers. Lol

• Like 2
  • Wow! 2

Rain here last two nights in nw valley. Not much but we'll take it.

• Like 1

Woke up to a wet yard, and the smell of rain! Nice and cool at 5:15 , like it should be. Tonite s supposedly a better chance, so I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

At about 815 last night, I woke up during a thunderstorm. It was awesome. Went back to sleep to it as well. 

Just received a severe thunderstorm warning for the nw valley

• Like 1

Still clouding up daily, seeing rain everyday not necessarily where I am.

Curious though. They always talk el nino, any science behind it or just a way of saying "hey we are wrong a lot"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Curious though. They always talk el nino, any science behind it or just a way of saying "hey we are wrong a lot"?

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/international-sea-level-satellite-spots-early-signs-of-el-nino

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Education guess ....as they call it 

Looks like a radar image from an intense monsoon season. Nope, taken a few minutes ago.

Screenshot_20230519_160930_MyRadar.thumb.jpg.835135f2436fedb9ad5f05b54834aa15.jpg

• Like 4