TOBY

Poaching ring busted

Anybody see any public info on the poachers busted in 20c. I have heard all the  transplant sheep were killed, hundreds of deer and cattle poached. The 300 tags this year hopefully will help the unit rebound. All being sold to black market meat shops. Been going on for years. Just thought I would ask.

Could explain both why Jennifer actually photographed all my documents when I met her out in the middle of nowhere and why I haven't seen a decent buck in yrs out there.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TOBY said:

Anybody see any public info on the poachers busted in 20c. I have heard all the  transplant sheep were killed, hundreds of deer and cattle poached. The 300 tags this year hopefully will help the unit rebound. All being sold to black market meat shops. Been going on for years. Just thought I would ask.

Wow.  I haven’t seen it, but would like to.  Seems crazy.

I tried to look it up on Google just now but all that comes up is a recent sheep poaching near Tucson and 8-10 stories of a deer poacher named Blake from Heber.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, dsotm said:

Was it the Wards again? :D

If it's the investigation that has been in the works for a few years now then it's actually a large group of individuals with foreign names and birthplaces...I'll leave it at that until the press releases come out.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, 1uglydude said:

If it's the investigation that has been in the works for a few years now then it's actually a large group of individuals with foreign names and birthplaces...I'll leave it at that until the press releases come out.

If you had to guess which restaurants the meat was going to which style would it be?

1 hour ago, 1uglydude said:

I have heard that with the possibilities LEOs involved as well. Its not all brown.

15 minutes ago, idgaf said:

If you had to guess which restaurants the meat was going to which style would it be?

The same places accepting trunkloads of fish taken from community waters and canals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1uglydude said:

It has been going on for a few years so possibly.