Sign in to follow this  
WHT_MTNMAN

ANY FARMERS OR IRRIGATORS ????

Correct me if I’m wrong but if you have irrigated alfalfa in that country you’re gonna have every deer and elk in the county right?!?  I plant about 80 acres just for the critters so I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, just curious?!?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yotebuster said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but if you have irrigated alfalfa in that country you’re gonna have every deer and elk in the county right?!?  I plant about 80 acres just for the critters so I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, just curious?!?  

Yeah they come in with or without alfalfa, I’m happy to have them even though I do have quite a bit of firsthand experience with elk damaging fences and trees etc..

34 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

What about flood irrigation? Lot less lost to evaporation.

I have a few acres that have a good bottom and will flood irrigate ok but the rest will soak up more water than I can put on.  I ran my 35 gpm pump for a month straight last summer and got about 30 square yards of water on the surface.  Who knows where the rest went (pratie dog tunnels partly)

I volunteer to come help with the prairie dog control once the season’s open!  I’m working on my retirement place in Heber on weekends, and had found a pretty good village that provided me some fun when I needed a break for two years, but last summer it was devoid of dogs.  I had bought the heck out of .222 and .223 ammo  and never got to play “ pop goes the weasel”….