Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Anyone thinking of selling there truck soon

My son is looking for a truck to buy in the next 2-3 weeks.  Gas truck 1/2 or maybe 3/4.  4x4.  Looking for under 100k if possible.  Toyota seems to be the only truck (gas) thats good from 100-200K miles.  Shoot me a message if you are.  Budget is up to 25K.  Figure I try here since the general public sucks to deal with and everyone trying to dump there problem.  Thanks guys

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

Toyota’s are the only good truck past 100K miles?? 

FullSizeRender.MOV

Yes. I've owned them all. I will only but Toyotas from now on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I am selling a diesel 1 ton (2004) with 70k miles. 10K OBO. maybe too big for your son but it's a good reliable truck.

• Like 1

If a modern truck is ruined by 100k the owner abused the heck out of it. 

Except fords. If you make it to 100k babying a ford the whole time it’s still gone at least twice the life expectancy. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

I have a Lincoln Navigator and Ford Ranger in the family both from mid 90’s with 250,000+ on them. My old man has a v8 vortec Chevy with 235k. You all don’t know how to do PM’s on trucks if you think 100k is end of life.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, andyyy said:

I am selling a diesel 1 ton (2004) with 70k miles. 10K OBO. maybe too big for your son but it's a good reliable truck.

Thx for the offer... little too much for his needs.  Thx sir

5 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

I have a Lincoln Navigator and Ford Ranger in the family both from mid 90’s with 250,000+ on them. My old man has a v8 vortec Chevy with 235k. You all don’t know how to do PM’s on trucks if you think 100k is end of life.  

Not knocking any brands, shouldnt have even said that. haha... Just my experience.  I agree though.  If someone took care of it then yes they will last.  Thats why i posted here on CWT>  Most take care of there chit.  So send me what ever you have. Thanks guy

• Like 1

My son picked-up a 2008 Tundra 2 years ago from a guy on this site (Sorry to seller....  Don't remember your handle but was a pleasure dealing with you. lol).   My son is now looking for something a bit more economical, as he has since partnered up with my ex doing outside sales for her company.  He'll be driving around AZ, NM, and southern NV, so he just wants/needs better gas mileage.

It's a great pickup with approx. 136K miles.  Not one of the newer models, but a creampuff for it's age, IMO.

He will be listing it in the next couple of weeks, likely at about 1/2 of what your son's prescribed budget.

S.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stanley said:

My son picked-up a 2008 Tundra 2 years ago from a guy on this site (Sorry to seller....  Don't remember your handle but was a pleasure dealing with you. lol).   My son is now looking for something a bit more economical, as he has since partnered up with my ex doing outside sales for her company.  He'll be driving around AZ, NM, and southern NV, so he just wants/needs better gas mileage.

It's a great pickup with approx. 136K miles.  Not one of the newer models, but a creampuff for it's age, IMO.

He will be listing it in the next couple of weeks, likely at about 1/2 of what your son's prescribed budget.

S.

This sounds like a perfect deal for the OP…and for that kind of driving all over 3 states you definitely don’t want that Tundra. We were shopping cars for my daughter and saw quite a few decent higher mpg cars with manual shift. Seems like nobody wants a stick anymore. LoL

• Like 1

Jap auto makers most definitely had our butts kicked in the earlier years. When I was a teen my dad and I pulled apart a few fords and Chevys and the tolerances were nowhere near as tight as a Nissan motor we pulled apart. On 60s-80s motors the crank bearing caps would fall into your hands when bolts pulled but the Nissan I remember having to tap the bearings and caps away from the journals. Yeah 100k was getting pretty close to rebuild time then but I think things have changed nowadays 

7 minutes ago, bigorange said:

This sounds like a perfect deal for the OP…and for that kind of driving all over 3 states you definitely don’t want that Tundra. We were shopping cars for my daughter and saw quite a few decent higher mpg cars with manual shift. Seems like nobody wants a stick anymore. LoL

I recently bought an early bronco after a few years of looking and if I had to settle with an auto trans I would have changed to manual but it had the original 3 spd on the column and it’s not getting changed. Love the manuals

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stanley said:

S.

Stanley is a good guy.  If he says the truck is good, it is good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

If a modern truck is ruined by 100k the owner abused the heck out of it. 

Except fords. If you make it to 100k babying a ford the whole time it’s still gone at least twice the life expectancy. 

Ya , right . My last 2 F350 both crew cabs ,One Gas One Diesel I put 350 k  on each never touched the motor. and sold them and saw them on the streets for a long time. I downgraded to an F150 in the oilfield in North Dakota 10 years ago and now have 215k  on this one. I guess I'm Lucky. Just put new tires on it. Everyone has their preference. Treat the fluids well and you are good. I tow a Camper with this 5.4 Liter with no problem...............Good luck to all !......................BOB!

• Like 1