firstcoueswas80

picked up the j-13

just paid for one and it should be gettin here soon, i read the one story where it worked awesome, my dad has the feb HAM hunt and hope it will work there.

I have that call and it works great. But I also think most any predator call will work also. I called in several javelina with it on several different occassions.

Make sure you keep blowing on it, the javies seem to stop coming when you stop screaming on it.

The hard thing is getting ready for a shot while calling. You don't want the call getting caught when you release your bow string.

Amanda

this is true, good thing im not the shooter for this hunt. dad bought himself a HAM tag, but mom "wouldnt let him get me one because she didnt want me coming home and putting the miles on my truck" yeah right, like thats gonna keep me home!i will be home thursday night, leave tucson monday mid day i think dad is gonna carry his bow and his .357 mag, so either way he can lay one down!

I've read a few stories of the call working well. Elkhunter will have some good info on how to use the J-13.

I actually won a J-13 call from Javelinahunter.com about two years ago and for some resone I have not had much luck with it.....at all. I keep wondering what I am doing wrong. I seems that every one and there brother has great stories to tell with it except me?

:D

More D,

Have you been blind calling or calling when you actually see the javelina?

Blind calling is pretty hit or miss, but if you see a herd you can't get close to and try calling, they should respond unless they are super spooked or you are in an area where lots of people have called before.

Amanda

I'm gonna try one this HAM hunt in Feb. 36A. Stop by if your in the area. My camp looks like a mash unit. Should'nt be more then a dozen tents! I have tried a few other calls in the past with little luck but it may be due to the fact that I did not call constant until they came back.

my best friends dad does this call with his hands and mouth, it basicalls sounds like donald duck SCREAMING. i have seen him call pigs, deer, and coyotes, but he has also called in lions and bobcats!

I have called Javelina on quite a few occations w/ my circe varmint call. Only once did I have them run from the call so I think it is a very productive method when they are spooked. It is a pretty big rush to have pigs running straight at you. Be careful. Ps. they were always w/in 100 yards when I called them.

I'm 50-50 on the call. The first three time I blew on that thing, javies turned around and started sprinting at me. The last three times, no response. I think you have to be downwind no matter what.

Years ago my dad bought a tape of baby javelina screaming. We have used it for years with great results. Our best results are late evenings or cloudy days all day long. It also works best with herds that have not been hunted to hard. Good areas are ones that are hard to glass pigs. Flats and very thick canyons seem to be the best. Noel Arnold

I was bowhunting yesterday when my friend smelled javelina. We set up to call the flat atop the ridge, and about thirty seconds after starting to sqeal on the Primos javelina call, had a fox run under the tree I was standing behind, four feet from where I was standing, . He looked up at me, decided I wasn't edible, and was gone in a flash. Was pretty cool to see.

Other times, when after seeing the pigs and calling, its been about 50/50 on them running away or coming in.

Doug/Red Rabbit