DesertBull

Are you kidding me?

If you want to ask...Ask If you don't want to tell...Don't

There will always be the Newbie. (I have been there) that has missed this fine thread and will, in an effort to hedge his bets, try to get as much info without wasting money and time or energy.

Many of the guys on here have excellent suggestions on how to start scouting a new area that is proven and that I can atest to. But some on here just go ape$hite when someone asks those questions. either way it doesnt matter to me.

However I do agree that unless you like public torture you may want to use the PM feature. Besides usually there is a thread shortly after the Draw where most people post what unit they are drawn for so if they dont say you can always track that thread and see for yourself. ;)

To each their own!

loose lips sink ships....

i was thnking the same thing when there were some threads on help for spots to hunt in certain units and then reading the what units i was pretty pissed too. i kept thinking in my head " man theres a personal message deal to use on here". some of you might not want to know what unit so you can strt scouting that unit but those of us that hunt the unit mention we get a little pissed cuz theres more people that read a topic than post a reply.

thewhole thing about inviting a couple buddies to your hunting spot is the worse thing to unless you know for sure youre the only they ever talk to or hang out with. you invite 2 friends next thing you knw they invite 2 more friends so theres 6 moe poeple hunting in your spot then those other four invite even 1 friend a piece, i think you get what im saying.

i pride myself in finding my own spots to hunt like most here on the site, i learned my lesson when iwas hunting a years ago and a guy came walking up on and after talkin to him found out he was turned on to the spot by a friend of one my coworkers i that didnt hunt and i thought it was ok to talk to him about where i like to go...big mistake....

I was thinking about putting together a Coues Calendar. Each month would feature a different hunting unit and feature a picture of the best trophy area in that unit. So if you would be so kind as to post directions to your favorite trophy spot harboring those monster bucks, I can go there next year and take some photographs for the calendar. We can publish the "2010 Coues Hunting Honeyholes" calendar and sell it through Amanda's store. Profits could go to this website.

Please post your best spot for these units

6A, 21, 23, 27, 29, 31, 32, 33, 34A, 35A, 36B, 36C, 45(cover shot)

Thank you for your support (as from the old Bartles and Jaymes wine cooler commercial).

I was thinking about putting together a Coues Calendar. Each month would feature a different hunting unit and feature a picture of the best trophy area in that unit. So if you would be so kind as to post directions to your favorite trophy spot harboring those monster bucks, I can go there next year and take some photographs for the calendar. We can publish the "2010 Coues Hunting Honeyholes" calendar and sell it through Amanda's store. Profits could go to this website.

Please post your best spot for these units

6A, 21, 23, 27, 29, 31, 32, 33, 34A, 35A, 36B, 36C, 45(cover shot)

Thank you for your support (as from the old Bartles and Jaymes wine cooler commercial).

LOL!!! :lol: :lol:

Good one Doug!

Amanda

hardy..... har.... har.... ill send you my gps cordinates for 24a got a spot just past mile post 132 take the first right off that dirt road go left and if you get lost then hire desertbull...

Plug these coordinates in on Google Earth (33*32'21.10"N 112*15'40.29"W). Couple of huge bucks, "in there." I can't kill either of them, but I go find them a couple times a year!

I guess that I agree with bowsniper and donnident on this topic.

First Mark's point; The hunting units are HUGE! Telling someone you killed a trophy in a particular unit really doesn't give them any info that is useful over & above what they could get out of the G&F regulations anyway...

Secondly though, I agree with donnident; What is the harm in someone asking??? :blink: Don't answer the question if you don't want to. It's that simple... ;)

S.

:)

Its a dumb question to ask. Someone that talks about the area doesnt really care about the area they hunt. My brother is 7 for 7 with a bow and after 4 years of keeping it a secret he opened his mouth, dumbest thing he ever did. We see more hunters each year in the area and people dont keep their mouth shut. If I am hunting the last thing I wantto do is run into some other hunter chasing the same deer that i am. If you are a true hunter and a successful one there is no need to talk about your area congratulate other hunters for their success and move on.

Seems like mathews' response summed this topic-up pretty well; It's all a matter of opinion! LOL

To mathews, asking what unit a buck was taken in is 'a dumb question'. To me, it is simply 'a question'..... I've been asked MANY questions through-out my life. IMO, the 'dumb questions' are ones where the answer is obvious, hence there was no need to ask in the first place.

Again, it looks to me like this topic is like many. Your position on the topic will depend on your opinion! And each of us has one! LOL I just find it funny that someone would complain about someone asking. Dumb question or not, simply don't answer if you don't want to! ;)

S.

Seems like mathews' response summed this topic-up pretty well; It's all a matter of opinion! LOL

To mathews, asking what unit a buck was taken in is 'a dumb question'. To me, it is simply 'a question'..... I've been asked MANY questions through-out my life. IMO, the 'dumb questions' are ones where the answer is obvious, hence there was no need to ask in the first place.

Again, it looks to me like this topic is like many. Your position on the topic will depend on your opinion! And each of us has one! LOL I just find it funny that someone would complain about someone asking. Dumb question or not, simply don't answer if you don't want to! ;)

S.

OK I agree I did come off a little to harsh Sorry

:ph34r: hello - Don't forget the information you'll unknowing give out - I was able to take a nice coues buck - official scored 119 1/2- takin out if unit "21"- I had it scored - Mike Cupel- they ask- what unit it was killed in! To my amasement, for the next several years ,we had hunters all over the place ! we go back a few yrs. later nobody. Now I never gave out the exact location of my "honeyhole" but somehow it seemed like it got out ! If you look in the record book - even giving the mt. range can narrow the spot down.

Most hunting units are huge but really only a few spots hold any decent number of places the deer hang -out. I usually tell them every unit has a trophy buck, some more than others. But will I give the correct information - DUH Let them wonder ! If they are dumb enough to think it is correct , then I'll have a lot less hunters to worry about next yr. Maybe they will actually be hunting next to your spot -by accident !

Let'm ask - they won't be bothering me next yr. Gary

:ph34r: hello - Don't forget the information you'll unknowing give out - I was able to take a nice coues buck - official scored 119 1/2- takin out if unit "21"- I had it scored - Mike Cupel- they ask- what unit it was killed in! To my amasement, for the next several years ,we had hunters all over the place ! we go back a few yrs. later nobody. Now I never gave out the exact location of my "honeyhole" but somehow it seemed like it got out ! If you look in the record book - even giving the mt. range can narrow the spot down.

Most hunting units are huge but really only a few spots hold any decent number of places the deer hang -out. I usually tell them every unit has a trophy buck, some more than others. But will I give the correct information - DUH Let them wonder ! If they are dumb enough to think it is correct , then I'll have a lot less hunters to worry about next yr. Maybe they will actually be hunting next to your spot -by accident !

Let'm ask - they won't be bothering me next yr. Gary

AH man! I was wondering what happened to my hunting spot this year! Thanks alot buddy ;) ! LOL!

WOW!! Ok...ready...this is really funny...NEWS FLASH!...with the exception of most trailcam pictures...The big bucks and bulls in those photos...WELL...THEY'RE ALREADY DEAD FOLKS!! I'll be damned if I am going to go looking for something thats already dead! and last time I check mother nature isn't using cloning as a means of reproduction...So who cares? Every unit, every mountain range has areas with better genetics, higher populations, less pressure, more water, fewer predators, shorter fences, greener grass...but hunt any one area long enough and you will see "your honey hole" change from year to year...nothing stays the same forever...Besides that if someone really really wanted to know I think you can buy a copy of the draw results at your local Game and Fish Department...or is that a secret too :ph34r: So asking or saying what unit you hunted in seems pretty harmless. Hunting coues makes you a liar just by association...I doubt that the juicy details of most hunts are retold 100% accurately anyhow...take it all with a grain of salt