DesertBull

Are you kidding me?

Please don't forget to join the Discussion Forum. Wondering what gear to get? Looking for info on a certain hunt unit? Worried about the effect of the drought on antler growth? Use this forum to ask questions, leave advice, and meet some new hunters.

hi i'm new to the forum, this is the quote on the website if you want to get in, i will never ask for spots or anything also but i think that the behavior of certain members

hurts the website because guys will drop out don't read anymore and if they don't visit the website they won't buy anything from the CW store , it is too bad that certain people get so touchi about spots and units

just my opinion.

Guest 300ultramag.

I pm info. all the time to the newbies I just dont post for all to see...

Nice cut and paste job..BTW!

Ya know, I kinda have to agree with Maximus on this one. When you boil it down there are really two camps who hang out here - one wants to spread the word about their recent success, the other is here to learn.

We are very blessed to live in a state like this that is mostly public land. We could all pick a certain unit and spend our entire lives learning about that one area - but given the recent changes politically for hunters, most of us find ourselves exploring new territory year after year. What's wrong with trying to get a little bit of information about an area we are unfamiliar with?

It is like the old "TV" metaphor - if you don't like what's on, change the channel. If someone comes on board asking questions, no one is forcing any of us to anwer. We all have little hidden places that are sacred to us, so don't give that info out. We all also have places that we know are good starting places for new hunters that probably aren't on our top 3 list - so why not steer a newbie in the right direction? You might just put someone's son or daughter on their first AZ deer and make a friend for life.

Anyway, I don't see anything wrong with someone asking for a little guidance. If you don't feel like answering - dont' - but don't blame them for asking. We have to remember that a huge part of what brings people to this site is the desire to learn about hunting in this state. I don't think we should bash eachother for asking for help.

Just my $.02