On a short notice i took my two daughters with me to sit a blind. I had to take hot cocoa, sleeping bags, and hand warmers. We got in the blind at around 730 and waited. We finally had a couple does coming down a trail and out of no where a spike came and ran them everywhere except near the blind. i don't like to shoot spikes but i had my girls with me and wanted them to experience me shooting at a deer. Then a 2x2 ran the spike out and chased the doe around but not near the blind. finally a 20 yd shot presented itself and i had to shuffle around in the blind to get set for a shot. Both my girls were in perfect view so i drew back but the 2x2 saw movement in the blind and bolted. My 11 yr old gave me all kinds of grief about not getting the shot off in time. She was just making fun of me. After the deer left the area we didn't see any deer till a doe came from the back side of us 2 hours later. I had to wake my youngest up from her deep sleep to see the doe. After the doe walked off a 3x3 showed up and presented a 25 yd shot. Both my girls could see the buck so i shot. I missed the buck and he ran about 5 feet and turned to see what had just happened. I quickly knock another arrow and hit him perfect. My girls were so excited and wanted to go see the deer right away. i made them wait a horrible 45 minutes. We found the blood trail and followed it (blood everywhere, it wasn't hard to follow). We found the buck 80 Yds away. My youngest tells me "dad, are you proud of yourself ?" I say yes. She replied "cause i'm really really proud of you!" THAT MADE MY HEART MELT!!!!!! We took pics and made phone calls. I had to call for some reinforcements from a good friend reggie. He helped me pull it to the top of the mountian and caped it out for me. A big thanks to you and your kids for helping reggie. Being able to share all this excitement with my kids was the best and they loved every minute of it. enjoy.

Jerry

post-610-1229923204.jpg

post-610-1229923211.jpg

post-610-1229923220.jpg

post-610-1229923228.jpg

post-610-1229923236.jpg

post-610-1229923244.jpg

post-610-1229923252.jpg

post-610-1229923268.jpg

post-610-1229923276.jpg

post-610-1229923284.jpg

post-610-1229923291.jpg

post-610-1229923299.jpg

post-610-1229923306.jpg

That's outstanding Jerry. Congrats. It is really cool that your girls were there. I bet they will never forget it. I am sure you won't either.

How long did you wait for the deer to come in? I want to take my 5 year old into the blind with me but not sure he has the patience.

Well done

Way to go Thunderbolt! Good to see you gettin the girls turned on to the sport!

Side question, is your name "Thunderbolt" because you shoot a PSE Thunderbolt? I have the same bow so I am curious about that.

That is one of the coolest stories I have ever heard. Congrats to you on the deer and keep those kids in the field. I once took my fam on a 12 hr hike and at the end my 7 year old said " Thanks for taking us on the hike Dad while everyone else was cussing me." THESE ARE THE MOMENTS WE REMEMBER FOREVER.

merry christmas, Dave

that is so awesome...you are an inspiration to every father out there....no dad can ever give any excuse for not taking their kids with them after reading your story and seeing those pics. congratulations.

Very neat indeed. With two daughters of my own I know how much that must mean to you and also the challenges that went with it. A huge congrats.

Phil