GoneHunting

FOR SALE Minox 15X58 ED BR

I have a pair of Minox 15X58 for sale. These binos are in mint condition and have only been used on two hunts. I would not be selling, but I was lucky to get a pair of Swaros 15X56 for Christmas. I am asking $650.

Here's a review on the Minox 15's from an article about Big Eyes. The whole article can be found at www.24hourcampfire.com

Minox BD 15x58 ED BR

"Big, heavy, and bright."

First impressions can mean a lot, and with the Minox 15x58 ED BR, what you see is what you get. What you do not see is the price, and because of its MSRP of $1,050, reviewers unanimously voted the Minox as the "Best Value."

The largest (225x159x69mm) 15x that we tested, as well as the heaviest (52.55 ounces), it was as the reviewers noted "very heavy for a small hand," "bigger and heavier than the Geovids," and "massive glass." Despite its weight and bulk, reviewers were very impressed with the Minox's optical performance: "Very, very close optically to the Swaro and Leica," "98% as good as binos costing twice as much," and "incredible optics, at any price."

When Minox introduced the revamped 15x58 ED at the 2006 SHOT Show, the big news was the ED flouride glass, which, according to Minox, aids in accurate color rendition. Compared to the earlier versions of the Minox 15x58 without the ED glass, the new ED BR is a noticeable improvement, not only in color fidelity, but in sharpness and resolution as well. Reviewers noted that the Minox stayed with the Leica and the Swarovski into the far edges of twilight, with image quality constant well past legal shooting light. Resolution was excellent, if a fine hair less sharp than the very best. Clarity and brightness were also excellent, partly because of the 58mm objective lenses, the largest of any 15x binocular that we tested. Reviewers noted "no eye strain, easy to get properly adjusted," and "great tripod adapter."

A few reviewers noted that it "does not adapt well to bifocals," that its "objective covers felt cheap, the Swarovski-type tethered covers are much nicer," and "very big ocular housing, tricky to fit in eye socket."

However, these observations did not detract from the overall impression that the Minox 15x58 is truly a lot of glass for a great price.

Runaway best "bang for buck." MSRP: $1,049.

Four-plus stars.

Dang! If I didn't spend all my money on gifts and stuff i would get those right now! If you don't sell them in a couple weeks, i will probably have the extra cash to buy them.

Eagle Eye,

These are still available. Let me know if you are interested. I have all the original packaging (box, warranty card, bino strap, covers, leather case), and I also have the Minox tripod adapter for them as well.

Thanks.

I am new to coueswhitetail.com so I'm not sure how this works. I also live in SE Az and would like to buy the minox if they are still available. Please e-mail me at bnobleinaz@yahoo.com and let me know if you are still selling and how we can make payment arrangements.

GoneHunting,

Sent you a PM. I am interested in buying the binos if they are available