Sign in to follow this  
Siwash

Outdoorsmans Tripod Adapter Question

I received the Outdoorsmans tripod adapter as an Xmas present. Several years ago one of the guys in their Phx store showed me how it worked and I was impressed. Anyway, I just attached mine to my Mniox 15x and put it on the tripod. My optics are more steady with the factory mount than with the Outdoorsmans, primarily because their adapter doesn't totally secure the binos, they still have movement at horizontal angles as the stud pin that goes into the adapter mount doesn't tighten.

Did I get a dud mount, or this how these adapters work? Right now if I bump the set-up just a little bit, it is possible for the binos to tilt. I don't care for that. Anybody have insight or a similar experience?

Wish i could help you but i have the outdoorsman tripod and Jim White head on my set up--the Jim White head is very sturdy and very easy to use. If you are having problems you may want to call down there and speak to Terry--he can help you out with your issue.

+1 I have one also and it has worked out great for my binos. Love it!!! Call and talk to Terry

I have the Outdoorsmans quick release adaptor and I know that adaptor needs a special binocular stud to grab on to. Maybe you have the wrong stud? Give Outdoorsmans a call. I've always found their customer service to be excellent.

Thanks guys. I spoke with Steve at Outdoorsmans and it sounds like the tilt is inevitable...and I took my optics/tripod/etc. in the field and the tilt really isn't too bad, and the utility of the quick release is nice.

I use the Outdoorsman setup with my Vortex binoculars. They also have some movement. But they work very well.