kwp

Releases

I used a Scott little bitty goose... I love it.. I have the velcro BUT I would get a strap... I would think that the strap would be alot more consistent and there would be no variation in you draw length. I would also think that I also be alot quiter and less bulky.

jason

B)

re: the stanslowski release

it is a great release if you have a target panic problem. I used one for practice for about 2 years. I also hunted with it untill I had to make a quick shot at a pig. it was a thick area with pigs moving everywhere. it called for a quick shot. I missed 4 times at under 20 yards with my 12 year old son laghing his head off at me. Just know way for ME to make a quick shot with that release. My son did get his pig and had a great time at my expense B)

I use a Tru Ball Short N Sweet, Excelent release, best of both worlds you can shoot it as a rope release or take the rope off and use the hook on a loop type setup, very fantasitic release

What happened GMM? Story! Story! :D

:blink:

Thanks for all the replies everybody,

sounds like most people (except GMM) like scotts. What's the story GMM.

I have looked at the scotts mongoose and little bitty goose and will probably choose between one of them. Those of you shooting the little bitty goose, have you had any problems with it pulling heavier weights?

Jamaro,

I have also heard that the strap is more consistent than the velcro so I'll probably go with the strap.

I really like the release, stuff happens sometimes though. Anyways, it was the last weekend I would be able to hunt deer untill Aug, and I wasnt finding anything. I had glassed all day, and only seen one muley doe. It was about 3 in the afternoon, and I had enough wind by then, so I was headed home. I decided to stop at a big canyon on the way back and glass one last time. I saw deer, a bunch of muleys in the mesquites. I watched them with my binos for an hour at 900 yards away. I could barely make out their ears at this distance. Then he walked out, the biggest muley I have ever seen. I would estemate him at close to 200" , just huge, it looked like he had a tree on his head!! The wind was blowing pretty good from him to me, so I kept watching the deer to see where they were headed. The lead doe turned toward the bottom of the canyon, so I decided to hoof it down there. I really wanted to cross the canyon but the bottom was all bluffs, I found one place where it was 10 feet wide, so I was going to jump it. I got ready to jump it, and all the does started running towards the bottom of the canyon where I was, so I hid in a tree. They all came to the other edge of the canyon with the big buck right behind them. Then they started eating again. I was shaking now, this huge buck is in bow range now, but with how hard I am shaking I cant get a shot off. I calm myself down after a minute, and the does are headed back up hill, but the buck lays down on the other side and starts watching the does work back uphill. He is laying broadside in bow range, so I sneak to the other side of the tree, I stand up so I can make the perfect shot, and start to pull my bow. At partial draw my arrow is flying into the canyon. What happened I start to think. I look at my release, and my little roller and pin are missing. My release will not work, so I check my pack, my back up isnt in it. At this point I just sit down on a rock untill the buck gets up and wanders slowly back up the hill, once he bedded on the top I made my way back to the road and went home. There is always August.

GMM

I'm a fan of the Scott mongoose and lil goose. Options for both buckle and velcro, I like both! I've had one for a few years now and am very content with it.

I practice shooting fingers on my mathews a little for those types of situations. I'm not as accurate as I am shooting w/ my release but if it's within 30 yds I feel confident taking the shot.

I was at almost 60. I also practice with fingers, but my effective range is only about 40 that way. If I could have crossed the canyon I could have gotten right on top of him.

Theres always next season.

GMM

I have used the Winn Free Flight with velcro for eight years and sware by it, I have even converted some of the Scott shooters to it. Just another option.