Sign in to follow this  
SDHNTR

Velbon Customer Service help

Anyone know how to get ahold of Velbon? I can't even find their website. I need to send some items back to them for repair.

I just bought a Sherpa 600 tripod and I liked it initially but it has an inherent design flaw. When the legs fold in they rest on the lip of the center support hub. The "lip" is a ring around the base of the hub. The legs are very easily dented as they push against the lip of the hub. Once dented the leg sections wont slide all the way up because the dent stops the smaller leg section from sliding into the big one. After only one trip, one leg won't close without serious effort and the other two are starting to dent. I just need them to send me a leg for now and I can jury rig some rubber or cushioning around the lip of the hub to keep it from happening again. Or i might just send the whole thing into them.

Then my PH157Q head has too much slop in it. When the stick is loosened enough to actually pan and tilt the head there is a good bit of "play" and jiggle to the head. It makes small smooth movements very difficult. I have several other buddies with the same head and they do not have the same problems.

And the stud on the quick release plate snapped off.

If anyone knows how to reach these guys I'd really appreciate it.