Sign in to follow this  
Dodger2

Christmas present

I bought a 7mm WSM about 5 years ago and have been fighting with it trying to get consistent groups. This year my wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I'm not one to just give up on something so I told her that I wanted some work done on my rifle. Well, she snuck it out of my gun cabinet (I noticed it was gone after one day...but I didn't let her know) and got some work done on it.

The barrel was floated, the action was glass bedded, and a Timney trigger (set at just under 2.5lbs) was put on it.

I finally went out this weekend and put some rounds through it. After playing with a couple loads I was able to get this group at 200yds. This was with 160gr Nosler Accubonds. Its just over an 1"...best group I've gotten out of the gun and I doubt I can get any better. Let's just say I'm very happy with my Christmas present.

post-499-1232055085_thumb.jpg

That's pretty cool of your wife to try to surprise you like that.

Looks like a really good 200 yard group to me. It's great what a bedding and trigger job will do for a rfle.

I'm sure it's happy to have you love it once more.

Thanks for sharing.

Any idea what that work might have cost? I also have a 7mm WSM in a Winchester Model 70 that I purchased new a few years ago. I have had the same problems with this gun. I will shoot a couple of shots and then the next couple will be 2-3 inches from the first two. I have tried 3 different scopes, but seem to get the same results with each. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!