Sign in to follow this  
GoneHunting

1966 Remington 700 BDL .264 Win Mag

I hate to ask, but I was wondering if anyone knows how much a 1966 Remington 700 BDL .264 Win Mag w/ 24 inch barrel is worth? I would say it is 95% condition.

Also, What are the best factory loads to shoot?

Thanks for the help!

Not more then $200, but I'll give you $300 for it :P J/K... I would think a gun like that should be worth around 400-450 bucks. That is a sweet caliber, it was way ahead of its time, but in my opinion is the absolute perfect deer round. My dad had one in a Pre-64 model 70, unfortunately it burnt up in a fire, but he always said the 120gr. were the only way to go... If I'm not mistaken 140's are the only factory load made for it... But... go to www.thehuntingshack.com, they custom load ammo, and it is surprisingly cheaper then factory ammo, if I remember right, they make a wicked 120gr. load for .264 Win mag... Oh and let me know if you want to sell it, I'd be interested, of course get a few more opinions on what its worth!

Thanks for the info, I have not gone out to shoot this gun yet, but plan to this weekend. I have a box of 100 grain Nosslers and a box of 140 grain Nosslers. I guess I will see what shoots better and go with that.

Mike

My dad and I both shoot the .264. I love mine. My dad's is the ultra light, I called it the punisher it only weighs 7 lbs. Mine weighs 12 much better, enjoy it is the best deer rifle. 500 yards is meat in the freezer.

I had one exactly like that, even manufactured close to the same datethat got stolen last Spring. It was a sweet little gun, I paid $300 for mine, then put a HS Precision stock on it and a Burris scope. Never got a chance to shoot it before it got liberated from me.

I got another 700 in 264 last summer, but this time went with a new 700 CDL with a 26 inch fluted pipe and slapped another HS precision stock/Burris scope on it and had the trigger done. It shoots awesome with lightweight bullets. So far it likes 107 Gr Matchkings, 120 Grain Gamekings and 120 Gr Ballistic tips, the only bullet I have found that it doesn't like are Barnes Tripleshocks in 120 so far. I am going to try to load up some 100 gr Hornady's and 129 gr SST's this Spring/Summer for it. I have not been happy with any of the 140 Gr factory loads and have ordered bullets from www.cpcartridge.com until I get the rest of my reloading stuff set up around here. I hope you end up enjoying yours as much as I have enjoyed mine....

Bret M.

the .264 is a great round and i agree it was ahead of it's time and never got the respect it should have. ruger makes several models in it now, as does remington. you see a lot of custom .264's these days. it is a hotrod that works best with lighter bullets. i prefer 100's in mine. my son has a sendero with a fancy range compensating scope and all kindsa neat stuff and used 130's. it won't shoot a 130 berger tho, because the bullet is so long. they are a little twist sensitive with long bullets. the 100's will drop buck in it's shadow and are real fast and flat. 120's are a great compromise too. if you want see some stuff blow up, try some sierra 85 grain hollowpoints. they are faaaaaaaaaaaaaast. just don't shoot it a couple dozen times rapidly a lot and get the barrel hot and clean it often and the lands should hold up well. i really like a .264. Lark.