i see where claude dallas got out this weekend. anybody have any opinions on this? when he was a fugitive and on trial and all that i made up a bumper sticker that said "FREE CLAUDE DALLAS". just to make one particular game warden mad. personally, i think justice was served. he shouldn't o' did what he did, but the wardens shouldn't o' put him in the position to do it, either. oh well, it's interesting to see how folks feel about it. Lark.

hey lark I was reading about it abit, from all the info i saw he shot them in the head after wounding them, i don't see how justice was served after only 22 years after a "cold blooded" killing, but I don't know much about the incident I was only 4 years old. :D

Maybe I need to read the books or watch the movies, what do you think do they do the story justice, or are they lopsided.

I think that is hilarious about the bumper sticker. too funny.

Lark, are you sure you know all the details or do you just dislike game wardens? I think that scum bag got off easy with manslaughter after executing them by shooting them in the head after he already wounded them. He ought to rot in jail for life.

Bowsniper

Claude should have been put to death. All murderers and rapists should be put to death. Saves tax payers money and it saves the world lots of anguish.

Unbelievable how the bleeding heart liberals can say he served his time and paid his penalty.

Liberalism is a plague that is eroding the fiber of the country. Too many people on "death row" . What a joke... They really should call it "Life row" as they seldom use the Death Penalty. Being on Death row only gives the Liberal Judges another reason to review, and Re-review the case for some technicality.

Death Pnalty should be enforced within 6 months. That is enoug time to prove or disprove innocence or guilt after a full trial.

my .02

bleeding heart liberal? me? dang, that's a first. i always felt that if pogue (one of the dead wardens) didn't have such a reputation for being an absolute jerk, we'd o' never heard o' claude dallas. i guess the guy was a real b@$tard. before the dallas deal he'd even been in trouble for pistol whippin' a 12 year old girl. dallas' defense guys had dozens and dozens and folks who were ready to testify about the things they'd witnessed pogue, and to a lesser extent elms (the other dead guy), do. guess they were real fond o' pullin' their guns on folks for such things as havin' a hard time gettin' their fishing license out of their wallet. what claude did was wrong. probably was murder. probably deserved more than he got. but the warden's past was enough to seal the deal. the jury foreman said that if he'd o' just let em die, instead of cappin' em behind the ear with his .22, he would have walked for self defense. oh well, it was a long time ago and i had a little fun with it then. wonder when they'll have him on letterman? Lark.

I knew nothing of the story I will have to read it and see it to have that part of history. It was for sure the shots to the head that sealed the deal because. When people are dead and no witness then you only have one side of the story to go by.

There is nothing wrong with self defence in my book. I just hope I never have to use more than my fist to defend my self though. Good topic b\

there was an eye witness. a guy that dallas had pack supplies into his camp was there for the whole deal. dallas coulda shot him too, but didn't. he testified in the trial. it's a tragedy for sure, but it's a pretty interesting story. i never watched the movie. if it's like most movies, it's mostly bs. i read all i could about it when it was going on. there's been a lot of changes is how law folks do things, since then. get on the net and see if there is much about it. there were a whole buncha things that "caused" it. dallas was wierdo, at least one of the wardens was a true jerk, the folks that ran cattle there were eggin' on the wardens, etc. after the shootin', there were a lot of folks that hid him out, gave him money, transported him, etc. same thing happened when he escaped from prison. where would think a "mountain man" would hide out when he escaped the joint? they caught him workin' as waiter in a high dollar restaurant in L.A. i thought that was a pretty good place to hide for a guy that you'd think would head to the hills again. Lark.

Alot of this kind of stuff goes on for sure. It sounds like the ruby ridge kind of deal. A bad plan gone hay wire. After the ruby ridge thing and the FBI killed weavers wife and kid and dog over a shotgun and some strange ways of life. they have even said they did not go about it the right way.

I lived in Soutern Idaho at the time. My Uncle had sold the trailer to the guy that was hiding Claude. Most of the locals hated the game warden, and all of the rumors about what the game warden had done to other people are true. I guess the other game warden was a ok guy. Game Wardens are like any other profession. You have good and bad. He still did not have the right to execute them after wounding them. I do know that the game warden told Claude that he was taking him back dead or alive. It is to bad that the game warden had not been fired years before it had ever happend. I have total support for our game wardens in Az. But my dad who is a native, has told me about a guy who was a warden in Az about 40 years ago. He seems like he was a lot like the warden Claude shot. I guess he had pulled his gun on a lot of innocent people in Az. I think they finally fired him.

Noel Arnold

Anyone who actually thinks that justice was served in this case should really try and think a little deeper.....if that's possible. Those wardens made him do that????????????? What planet are you on? That sorry piece of dung hosed a couple of state police officers....granted, they were "only" game wardens, but nonetheless, they were doing their job. Secondly, their families were deprived of them cause they had the courage to deal with that pin head. They were doing their duty by investigating an individual who was violating the laws the officers were sworn to uphold in behalf of the citizens of Idaho.......just like all game wardens do in their respective states. Oh, and by the way, most of the loud mouths who piss and moan about game and fish officers are usually the same ones who give game and fish wardens just cause to investigate them and their activities. It's a defense mechanism for insecure folks who make bad decisions while they enjoy our great outdoors. You know the old saying, the best defense for bad decisions is a good offense and a big mouth.

Couesi1

Yeah! What Couesi1 said!

That piece of waste deserved to rot in jail. This is just another example of how our justice system fails on occasion. Come on guys, a cold blooded murderer was set free and is now among the general population! Anybody who supports that looser needs to share a cell with him.

Couesi1,

I do not think you read all of my remarks. Or you read only the ones you wanted to read. What Claude did was murder. And I think that most of the game wardens in the United states are great guys. But there are a few exeptcions TO THE RULES. And yes claude never should have shot the guys in the first place. Noel

If that ranger really did pistol whip a girl he should be pistol whipped and casterated. I think they need to give tougher penalties on child and wife abuse weather it be physical or sexual in our day.