Sign in to follow this  
elkhutnaz

Draw numbers up or down

Just wondering what you guys think? I hoping somewhere around April 15th I will be finding out I have a elk tag this year. Just thinking that our recession might help in drawning out, who knows.................What are your thoughts? Andy

With two thousand leftover Javelina tags. I think that is a good indication less people are putting in. I think most folks can afford the tag but not the hunt. We will find out.

I thought maybe everyone would save there money for elk only but the out state numbers goota go down I would think if someone outstate has the money this is there year to draw

I'm not sure if they will be up or down. I think people who take hunting seriously will find a way to get in the apps and then save for the hunt if they draw. I just wrote 6 checks to G&F for our apps. Hope the wife doesn't yell to much, 2 of those apps are hers. :o :o

I think out of staters with max points almost have to put in. But the lower points applicants are going to drop off. As far as the javalina leftovers goes, I didn't put in this year either. Not that I didn't have money but I was too busy with work and other things. I am hoping I can pull a couple tags this year though. It has been a couple years for me. Good luck to everyone.

Well, much as it hurts me to say, the recession will keep me out of the draw this year.

sorry to hear that, I just found out that my wife lost her job too, her last day is the end of the month so I guess that will cut down on any out of state hunts still to be put in for. I was planning WY, MT but I will have to put them on hold to see what happens, already put in New Mexico. Well good luck to everyone this year, hope the bottom comes quick Andy :(

actually out of staters with max pts would not HAVE to enter for a HUNT, they could simply grab another point with the buying a point deal.