COUESAZ

The second toe never got down.

Let's just hope they get all the key players back and can make another run next year, there is still a tear in my beer, thinking WHAT IF>>>>>>>>>>so many plays could have turned it around, but I must say I am not a big fan of the prevent defense, I think all it does is prevent you from winning. Andy

i've never been much of a cardinals fan, but not because of the players. the bidwills are poison. but i sure wanted em to win this game tho because my second favorite team has always been whoever is playing the steelers. again, they've never won a big game without zebra intervention. look at the rapin' the seahawks took a couple years ago. only time ever that an nfl coach went on national tv and badmouthed the ref's and wasn't fined. because the league knew holmgren was right. the poor calls did have an influence on the outcome of this game too. per the rule, the last cardinal play was an incomplete pass, not a fumble. might not have changed things, but to me the game was never really finished. the roughing the passer call on dansby was criminal. especially when the squeelers qb blatantly grounded the ball on the same play and it wasn't called. it kept a drive alive that led to a score. the cardinals killed themselves by letting the squeelers return the pick off at the half and by not playing any kind of defense the last 2 minutes. they oughta fire pendergrast over that last drive. but the refs did have a direct impact on the game. one more time, the steelers have never won a big game without ref help. Lark.

You must be a Cowboys fan thats just jealous they dont have the sixth ring

they oughta fire pendergrast over that last drive.

NO WAY! :blink: You don’t fire a guy over 1 drive. On the winning touchdown Holmes had three guys on him as he was trying to bring in one of the hardest catches to make in the NFL (sideline back of the endzone). That whole series every big catch that Holmes had Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was on him and if you followed the last half of the season DRC has been lights out. So what better guy to have in coverage? I agree that last series was ugly but over all look at what the defense has done this year including holding Atlanta to 60 yards rushing, holding Carolina to 75 yards rushing and shutting down Westbrook all in the playoffs. IMO firing Clancy Pendergast would be the worst thing to do and result in a huge step back. If anything you should talk to Teryl Austin (defensive backs coach) and see where the break down was... no? :huh:

pendergrast has always been a weak coordinator. they had a chance to win the big one and he went into the armadillo prevent. they even had a holding call on the drive and still won. they shoulda pounded the qb like they've neve done before. just needed one sack or something, but he had em all drop back into prevent. for one drive they needed to play like killers, and they didn't. the interception at halftime was a killer, but they overcame it and should have won.

as far as the ref's, the immaculate reception was an incomplete pass. video proves it. they beat the oilers in the playoffs 3 years in a row and bad calls either kept the oilers off the board or kept the steelers in the game. the one where they said billy johnson didn't have control of the ball was the most pathetic call of all time. game wining touchdown. no good. video proves it wasn't even close. they beat dallas once because they called benny barnes for pass interference while he was laying on the ground 30 feet away because swann tripped him. look at the calls in the super bowl with the seahawks. rothlisberger had 9 completions and 2 interceptions and they still won. the very fact that holmgren got away with saying what he said with no fine proves that one. without the bad calls it was a blowout by the seahawks. it was pathetic. heck, some real iffy calls that went their way helped em beat the ravens this year in the regular season and the playoffs. in this game, whisenhutt threw the challenge flag twice and won both times. therefore, bad calls. they missed the grounding call so bad that later, on the same drive, he chunked one outta bounds and they immediately reviewed it to show they got that one right. because they knew they screwed up the first one. the roughing call on dansby will live in infamy, it was so bad. poor calls did have an affect on the outcome of this game. for whatever reason, the steelers always get the benefit. bum phillips and john madden are still pissed about it. i just hope the bidwills don't screw things up, because they have a real chance to repeat. but history ain't on the cards side. Lark.

We must have been watching two different games,because I did not see a total prevent defense.The one play when it was 3rd down and 6 we came with a all out blitz and they converted the first down.The fact is that they won the game.The only play that I thought was really bad was Harrison beating on our guy. That should have got him kicked out of the game.Maybe the last play of the game was wrong,but we had the lead with about 2 1/2 minutes and could not stop them.(Cardinal's had a great ride but in the end they got bucked off with the clock at 7.9 seconds.And then the dang bull kicked them in the gut's after bucking them off).The only thing they can do is get back on .

Noel

At the end of the day they're still the same old Cardinals...... CHOKE!!!!

Tam,

I think at the end of the game they did not choke at all.I think that steelers made some really good plays.I am very proud of how the card's played this post season.And I think as long as Warner comes back and we do not have a lot of major injuries,then we have as good a chance as anybody else to go again.The upside of the Cardinals is we have quite a few young players with the chance of getting better next year.(Just my two cents )

Noel

Guest 300ultramag.

im gonna speak to the masses and say build a bridge and get over it ladies ;) its done!

the cardinals did great on the main stage my hat goes off to them!

and as far as the refs. they are rejects! to bad its not like pop warner where a dad comes out and beats on one of em and then the game is actually played!

Pendergast and Haley are both gone.

told ya clancy had to go. whisenhutt knows who to listen to. pendergrast was a sacred cow. the only hold over from dennis green. whisenhutt didn't want him but he had no choice because clancy is real well connected politically. his family actually used to own the land the stadium is built on. only reason he was ever hired in the first place is because of political connections and the only reason he lasted as long as he did was for the same reasons. the last drive in the super bowl was too much and his connections couldn't cover for it. you guys will learn to listen to me. i ain't kiddin' when i tell ya i'm the smartest guy in the wurld, wrold, i mean on earth. Lark.

told ya clancy had to go. whisenhutt knows who to listen to. pendergrast was a sacred cow. the only hold over from dennis green. whisenhutt didn't want him but he had no choice because clancy is real well connected politically. his family actually used to own the land the stadium is built on. only reason he was ever hired in the first place is because of political connections and the only reason he lasted as long as he did was for the same reasons. the last drive in the super bowl was too much and his connections couldn't cover for it. you guys will learn to listen to me. i ain't kiddin' when i tell ya i'm the smartest guy in the wurld, wrold, i mean on earth. Lark.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You were right! But again I think it was not over the one drive. ;)

you think they'da fired him if they won? the last drive cost him his job. he was always marginal and overmatched. his performance in the last drive was more than they could deal with. Lark.