Sign in to follow this  
coueskiller

250" Of Coues Deer

Here she is a work in progress. This is a pedistal mount that Chris Favors of Mount-N-View Taxidermy here in Flagstaff is doing for me and it is almost complete. The velvet buck is the one I took on opening morning of the 2008 archery season. The hard horn drop tine buck is one I took 10yrs ago on a late rifle hunt. The hard horn buck was mounted 10yrs ago by another taxidermist in flag but I wanted both the big boys together so Chris is doing that for me. I can't say enough about Chris, his work is unreal and I will have him remount the droptine buck when I have the funds to do so. But for now this is what I have and I love it!! Should be done with the rock work and finish the velvet buck by mid next week and I can get them home and on the wall. Enjoy, I know I will!!!!

post-514-1234441694_thumb.jpg

post-514-1234441707_thumb.jpg

post-514-1234441717_thumb.jpg

post-514-1234441728_thumb.jpg

post-514-1234441744_thumb.jpg

post-514-1234441756_thumb.jpg

post-514-1234441772_thumb.jpg

That is some very impressive bone! I am speachless about that hard horned buck... holy eye guards!!! Congrats on lthe bucks!!! The Coues Gods have smiled on you! ;)

Oh man !!!

You will have to post the pictures of these two monster's when they are completed.

awesome bucks... how big are those eyeguards anyway?

Thanks guys and I will post more pics when it's done.

Mr. Jonathan the key to keeping the velvet in top shape is get it cooled off and to the Taxi ASAP. I had this buck to the Taxi in about 7hrs but had it cooled off with in 3 hrs.

Thanks for the comments guys! Here are a couple of prospects for this fall........ Maybe I can get lucky again!!

post-514-1234806644.jpg

post-514-1234806670.jpg