Sign in to follow this  
ultra300mag

Left hand rifle?

My son in law is a lefty and would like to get a new rifle. He is looking at the 300 WSM but I am not sure who if anyone makes a factory rifle in that caliber. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest 300ultramag.
My son in law is a lefty and would like to get a new rifle. He is looking at the 300 WSM but I am not sure who if anyone makes a factory rifle in that caliber. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think the best way to fix this problem is to put your son-in-law on the correct (right side) of the rifle and save him the anguish of being a "lefty", its cheaper and if ur out hunting and ur primary firearm malfunctions what are the odds of having another left handed shooter in camp. seriously.... ;)

Hello there-

Check out Brownings website:

A-Bolt Hunter, Left-Hand 300 WSM

Description: • Receiver - Steel, Low-luster blued finish, Glass bedded, Drilled and tapped for scope mounts • Barrel - Low-luster blued finish, Free floating, Hand chambered, Target crown • Action - Bolt-action, 60º bolt lift, Non-rotating bolt sleeve, Adjustable trigger, Detachable box magazine, Hinged floorplate, Top-tang safety • Stock - Satin finish walnut, Checkered • Features - Sling swivel studs installed, Recoil pad

They should go for about 700 plus tax new in stores, if you can't get one in a store go to Guns America online they can ship it to a FFL dealer.

www.gunsamerica.com/

Just my 2 cents

He is definatley left eye dominant and shoots shotgun etc left handed. He currently shoots his right handed rifle left handed but has shot another guys left handed rifle and it is easier to work the action etc. since he does not have to pull the gun down to work it with the opposite hand. Thanks for the input and help.

My brother is left handed and his 300WSM is a Browning A-Bolt

Take a look at the Tikka T3 in .300 WSM. I have this rifle...I love it, and I was able to harvest a decent 3 pt. Coues with it last fall. It's light, accurate, and with a Sims SVL pad the recoil is minor.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=124053600

Other nice thing about a Tikka: the trigger is adjustable, the barrel is floated, and it comes with rings.