30-378str,

Your reasoning would make sense if random people were successful in the "random" draw. But that's not the case a lot of the time. It gets old hearing the same story of "...this is my '11th' tag in '14' yrs of applying". Now, if 9 out of 11 of those were some archery cow tag then it's obvious why he's successful......not so much lucky. Those are not who I'm referencing.

Yeah, I got lucky last year and drew a pretty nice deer tag with 1 BP. Except for that, I'm pretty sure "playing the odds" gave me the others. I guaruntee that if greed wasn't involved, the wealth could be spread.

This is what I find ironic- those who seem to draw a rut tag every other year and say to people like me "quit whining", are the very same ones who find it a crime if they DON'T draw a tag........something so many of us are used to.

It is what it is.....but I just find it hard to believe that it's as "random" as they say

I got 23 rifle bull in December. :P :P :P :P :P :P

Matt, nice tag. I just got through and I drew the 23 rifle tag in Nov. I was with a buddy last year that we got a 335 bull for. Looking forward to the hunt. Now to just wait and see if Chef draws a tag or not. Maybe we can hunt early and late seasons.

Remember the days when you got a pink card in the mail if you weren't drawn? I think if you got drawn your tag showed up in the mail or going even further back you took your white card to a sporting goods store and then got your tag. I'm not baggin' on anybody here but my how times have changed. Everyone has to know now (myself included) or has to have it now. Personally I had fun replying to this post and reading about the people getting drawn and not getting drawn. But reading these posts shows me some people just have rotten luck in the draw.

well 10 yrs and still no tag for me so I just booked a trip to Vegas hope my luck changes up there I am with hunt4horns I got lots of stuff for sale or maybe I should just give it away

Well the the draw was good to our family this year. I drew a Sept Archery cow tag (Camp Navajo) and my son drew a Sept/Oct rifle Any Elk tag (Camp Navajo) Congrats to all who drew tags!

5B north archery Cow!!!!! 2 years in a row...can't believe it!

it took 18 bonus points to finally draw my first az goat tag, 2a rifle, second choice!

no elk, again

Remember the days when you got a pink card in the mail if you weren't drawn? I think if you got drawn your tag showed up in the mail or going even further back you took your white card to a sporting goods store and then got your tag. I'm not baggin' on anybody here but my how times have changed. Everyone has to know now (myself included) or has to have it now. Personally I had fun replying to this post and reading about the people getting drawn and not getting drawn. But reading these posts shows me some people just have rotten luck in the draw.

Yes, I remember those days. I also remember the days when you could hunt deer and javelinas without having to enter a lottery, and archery elk tags went begging.

Bill Quimby

Mr Q,

My heart sank every time i got that color card. But unlike these day's.That is a long forgotten memory. I use to hound the mailman every time,until he finally would honk, "the horn that is", to tell me my faith. I guess I conditioned him or wore him down. I have to go back to the 8mm film to see what happen farther back but i heard the stories. I do remember the G/f offering second chance permits for whitetail in the early 80's. I did happen to harvest a muley and whitetail that year. Never again unfortunately. Mr. Q it has always been a pleasure to read your column in the Tucson newspaper. That's a lost art in itself.

Bonus point for me :( But my dad drew a 6a muzzleloader bull tag in Nov. So at least I still get to go. :rolleyes: congrats to all that drew and for those of us who didn't, theirs always next year! ;)