Sign in to follow this  
couesdiehard

draw results

Thanks Terry & Doug for the info and the link. Not many tags left.... :blink: Not a big surprise there I reckon though... I'll try to get one (or all.... ) of my little ones a tag if possible!

Scott, sincere congrats on your tag!!! That's a golden ticket for sure! Best of luck to you on that hunt. After Amanda's hunt last year, I know that not only can Chef cook, but he can call elk as well if he helps you out!!! ;)

S.

:)

The wife was trying to get through for me on the phone..........Then later she called me and told me she had good news for me and some bad news also. She told me that I would be getting some money in the mail coming soon. I said cool..... now what is the bad news? Oh it's the refund on your Elk tag as you were not drawn. :angry: :(

Terry,

Your two examples show why it is a good idea to make photocopies of the applications and checks before mailing them in to G&F

I have started doing this, but wonder what good it would actually do, becuase what's to stop a person from filling out a new one and making a copy of it and saying it's a copy of the original.

My Dad got drawn this year for muzzleloader in 16a, He did not put in for that hunt, infact he does not even own a muzzleloader, and knows absolutley nothing about that unit. He burned 9 bonus points on a hunt he did not want and he is at the age where he may not be able to hunt by the time he gets another 9 points. He called and talked to G&F today and the lady pulled up his application she said he put it as his second choice. But do they have an actual copy of his app or a copy of the hunt numbers they entered into the computer. Do they scan a copy of everyones app into the database? I doubt it, so it seems like there is a lot of room for human error.

I guess it's time to start scouting 16a, and afterall it's only like a 14-16 hour round trip from my house.

AZ RANGER

If you request it they will send you a copy of his app. I screwed up my wifes one year and absulutley denied I made a mistake even when they toldmy wife on the phone. They sent me a copy and I transposed the wrong numbers. My wife was not very happy about her cow tag.

AZ RANGER

If you request it they will send you a copy of his app. I screwed up my wifes one year and absulutley denied I made a mistake even when they toldmy wife on the phone. They sent me a copy and I transposed the wrong numbers. My wife was not very happy about her cow tag.

Thanks

So on Friday I get a call around 9:30pm from a friend. I roll over pick up the phone and he screaming that he was drawn for hunt# 3008, Early rifle 23north. So now I am awake thinking that he put in with his father and brother and now they all have tags. We chat a while and he gets to celebrating.........

This morning he comes in with his head down, so I ask whats wrong. Apparently, he checked online last night and the web said it was hunt# 3028, late 23 rifle bull, still a fun hunt. He called the hotline again and it does say #3008. He talked to a person at G&F and so they called in, used his info and they were shocked that it says 3008 and not 3028. I wonder how many times this happens.....anyone know? Its prolly just a one in a million chance. Right?

-Jeremy-

Here's a twist on this issue...I got my results over the phone Sunday Night - I didn't draw skunked all around. Just for kicks I check online and I shows I drew my first choice antelope hunt.

I don't know what to think. Should I just wait to see if I get a tag or a refund back. I really want call G&F but I'm sure they are just going to tell me the phone is right and online is wrong. The uncertainty is killing me. What should I do?

So on Friday I get a call around 9:30pm from a friend. I roll over pick up the phone and he screaming that he was drawn for hunt# 3008, Early rifle 23north. So now I am awake thinking that he put in with his father and brother and now they all have tags. We chat a while and he gets to celebrating.........

This morning he comes in with his head down, so I ask whats wrong. Apparently, he checked online last night and the web said it was hunt# 3028, late 23 rifle bull, still a fun hunt. He called the hotline again and it does say #3008. He talked to a person at G&F and so they called in, used his info and they were shocked that it says 3008 and not 3028. I wonder how many times this happens.....anyone know? Its prolly just a one in a million chance. Right?

-Jeremy-

Here's a twist on this issue...I got my results over the phone Sunday Night - I didn't draw skunked all around. Just for kicks I check online and I shows I drew my first choice antelope hunt.

I don't know what to think. Should I just wait to see if I get a tag or a refund back. I really want call G&F but I'm sure they are just going to tell me the phone is right and online is wrong. The uncertainty is killing me.

What should I do?

Hmmmmm, Totally opposite....I have no clue, I have chewed all my nails off pondering this issue and I didn't even put in this year. I guess the only thing anyone can do is wait for the mail.

I don't know what to think. Should I just wait to see if I get a tag or a refund back. I really want call G&F but I'm sure they are just going to tell me the phone is right and online is wrong. The uncertainty is killing me. What should I do?

Just print out the page off the website and go hunt antelope. ;)

You can believe everything you hear today. :rolleyes:

-Jeremy-

Yes. Check and print your online results. It clearly states on your results page that these are your official notifications (Please print this page showing your 2009 Elk & Antelope Hunt Draw results and retain. The printout is your official notification of your drawing results.)

Print em' out, call em' just to make yourself feel better, then sit back and wait for your tag. Congratulations. ;)

Terry,

Your two examples show why it is a good idea to make photocopies of the applications and checks before mailing them in to G&F

I have started doing this, but wonder what good it would actually do, becuase what's to stop a person from filling out a new one and making a copy of it and saying it's a copy of the original.

My Dad got drawn this year for muzzleloader in 16a, He did not put in for that hunt, infact he does not even own a muzzleloader, and knows absolutley nothing about that unit. He burned 9 bonus points on a hunt he did not want and he is at the age where he may not be able to hunt by the time he gets another 9 points. He called and talked to G&F today and the lady pulled up his application she said he put it as his second choice. But do they have an actual copy of his app or a copy of the hunt numbers they entered into the computer. Do they scan a copy of everyones app into the database? I doubt it, so it seems like there is a lot of room for human error.

I guess it's time to start scouting 16a, and afterall it's only like a 14-16 hour round trip from my house.

Yup they have all the apps scanned in call them and they will pull it up.

-Jeremy-

Print the results and wait, if you don't get the tag you call and complain. You have proof you were drawn online, and delete this post, because you never called the number you only checked online with positive results.

I drew a bull elk tag last year in a unit that I didn't apply for and burned 9 bonus points but never complained.I got paid back this year with a Sept archery tag with 1 point.