bowhunter4life

any body been out fishin

any body been out fishin yet.this is the time I usually stock up on some tasty fresh fish.but g @ f reports show lots of debre and cloudy water due to all the run off.usually fish bartlet when water is clear @ the pala verdy blooming. mike

I was up at Lees Ferry last week (Wed-Fri). It was cold and windy and the fishing was slow. The guides we talked to were struggling as well. The weather and changing flows are really effecting those fish.

I know you where probably wondering about crappie fishing, but I had to give my fishing report since you wanted to know if anyone had been out fishing yet :ph34r: .

A bad day fishing (or hunting) is better than a good day at work!

Fished from Tuesday thru Monday after Easter and caught "Crappie None" a lot of nice Lg mouth off spinners and worms. Waters still to cold it rained a few and the wind is heck in a pontoon.

Going back tonite thru Sun will post an update Sun nite.

Saw 2 whitetail and 4 javelinas hiking off 3 bar road 1 day thry were feeding like crazy.

1 gila monster to.

Dan

I went to the mouth of the Agua Fria on Lake Pleasant about 2 weeks ago. Caught about ten whites on pearlescent shad grubs in the current. Heard the whites are back in the arm of the lake. A neighbor went two days ago and caught three from his kayak.

Doug~Red Rabbit

Went to Pleasant Wednesday night and caught a boatload of white basss under a Crappie light on spoons in Castle Creek. I broke something off, I am thinking it was a big striper, the white/striper bite is definately on at Pleasant right now.

Bret M.

Are all the rim lakes still close . I want to take my 9 year old out camping and fishing before school is out.

I spent nearly all day on Stehr Lake a couple days ago and my neighbor and I couldn't figure out what the crap the bass were biting on. I did catch 3 on 4" watermelon lizzards but for 5 hours of fishing I considered it slow. My friend didn't catch diddly. Didn't try spinners to much as they tend to get caught up in the cattails. Worms eh? Seems a little like trout fishing to me.

Josh

We went to San Carlos Lake this last weekend...very, very poor. No Crappie, No Bass, 1 three pound channel. The air temp was 90 degrees. What's happened to the famous San Carlos Crappie? :(

Anyone been to the lower black river for small mouth?  I'm dying to get out there.

my dad and i are planning a trip for the black river may 17th throuh the 20th, first time i went there it was a 40 fish a day, 2nd it was about 15-10. last time i was there i caught 10 in 2.5 days, dad caught bout 20

Tommy,

I think it's just still a little early for the crappie. Usually picks up shortly after mid-April. The real question is what was the water temp? We have only had a few hot days around here, I think the water is still cold.

I am hoping to go out to San Carlos Lake in the next couple weeks. If I have any luck, I will let you know.

Also, I have heard from some people that have fished SC this spring, that the bite has been terrible in the morning and much better after 4 pm.

Amanda

forgot, dad went to roosevelt this weekend, caught 2 fish in about 6 hours, his buddy caught like 4 crappie all day.

Hey all you fishermen... AGFD has put out some fish consumption advisories...you might want to check it out before eating your catch. There are apparently some places with high mercury levels and DDT and other noxious stuff.

Fish Advisories

Also, AGFD posts weekly fishing reports, so if you are looking for info, check here..

Amanda