I just bought a new bow and I am looking to put a drop-away rest on it. I have always shot a whisker biscuit, but would like to try a new arrow rest this year. What do you guys use and why? I have looked at the whammy, vapor trail, and the ultra-rest by Quality Archery Designs. Also does anybody use the ripcord?

ff...

Let me first say that bowcast has done some work for Spot Hogg so you can take or leave my advise... I just want to be honest...

I have tried a ton of rests from trophy takers, to dropzone to QADs to Vaportrails and personally I think the Whammys are the best out there... I reallly like the fact that they have true micro-tune. They aren't those rests that you have to loosen the bolts then tap tap tap and pray. I also like the fact that the hold the arrow up longer BEFORE they drop. Before I tried the whammy I was sure if they were containment type which I like but they are.... They hold the arrow very nicely....

J

Been shooting a Trophy Taker Pronghorn for a few years, no issues ever accept if you shoot a lot eventually the cord/string attached to the bow string/rest will wear out and need to be replaced...

ff...

Let me first say that bowcast has done some work for Spot Hogg so you can take or leave my advise... I just want to be honest...

I have tried a ton of rests from trophy takers, to dropzone to QADs to Vaportrails and personally I think the Whammys are the best out there... I reallly like the fact that they have true micro-tune. They aren't those rests that you have to loosen the bolts then tap tap tap and pray. I also like the fact that the hold the arrow up longer BEFORE they drop. Before I tried the whammy I was sure if they were containment type which I like but they are.... They hold the arrow very nicely....

J

+1 for what j said....i shot one last year and loved it i shooting the smart rest by nap now it also has great micro tune... but if i had to pick from the too its gonna be the whammy all day ....

I started shooting a fallaway when I went to feathers. I did have a wisker biscuit. I shoot the quick tune smart rest and love it. You can even adjust the speed that it falls.

Good luck with whatever you choose. Personally, I dig the wisker biscuit. Great for stalking, the arrow NEVER falls off, and oh yeah, it's fun to say :)

Nothing wrong with a Whisker Biscuit, but after shooting a well tuned drop away you probably wont go back.

I have used the Mathews convertible and the Trophy Taker and then I found Ripcord. Have had Ripcord on my last 6 bows. Full containment, you can hold the arrow in the up position before draw. Have never had to use their customer service but I have heard only good things about it from those who have. I will likely have it on my next 6 bows as well.

I've been shooting a Trophy Taker Shaky Hunter for years, and never had any problems with it. Some guys don't like them cuz they say they're loud, but its not that bad. There are things you can do to quiet them down (i.e. pad the saddle, felt on the prongs, etc). I tried going to a whisker biscuit after having shot the TT for years, and have to say I hated it. Needless to say, I went right back to my tried and true shaky hunter. It's all a matter of preference.