Sign in to follow this  
Huntmaster143

Unit 27 Coues

OK, I drew Unit 27 Jan. hunt with a bow as my third choice. Now I don't know anything about the unit other than it's a good coues unit. If anyone has hunted this unit and would like to share some info, I would greatly appreciate it.

Now I have hunted whitetails here in Michigan my whole life, but have never drawn a western deer tag until now. What are the main differeces between Eastern deer and the coues?

I drew a 16A archery elk tag in 2005 and wasn't successful, however, the hunt was alot of fun. Is the terrain/tree cover similar? What is the terrain like in 27?

Any general help would be nice as I start my research for this hunt.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott,I can help you out with that.PM sent.

Way to step up to the plate Jeff. That's what makes this site such a great supply of information and good members like yourself helping others. Take care and say hello to Roy. :)

TJ

Scott,havn't heard from you.I would sure like to help out on some areas in 27.928-533-5617

Jeff, I plan on giving you a call, I have just waited until I got some maps and became familiar with the unit a little more before I called. I am more familar with it now, so I will try to hit you up this weekend if that works for you.

Scott