Sign in to follow this  
Chef

ADA Banquet...

All in all an entertaining evening was had.

Many good buys last night. People were holding onto their money this year with a few exceptions.

The mule deer tag went for $157K!

The Coues deer tag I beleve sold for $16K.

It was great seeing good friends again and putting faces to names of forum members.

The CW table won two rifles again this year.

Phil (Cramerhunts) won a Marlin lever action in 338 Marlin Express.

Orlin (Azbowhntr) won a Remington bolt in 300 Win Mag.

A few of us lost the bids on a couple live auction items, and several

folks won nice trips and things in both the live and silent auctions.

I'll post pictures up today.

Even though the attendance was down this year it was still a good time. It is always nice to meet a few more CWT people and it definitely doesn't hurt when you walk away with a new rifle. Although it wasn't a Remington but a Weatherby Vanguard 300 win mag. Now I have to decide if I want to keep it or sell it for money for my binocs that I want to buy. Or at least put a dent into buying.

I am a little bummed that my Wife didn't get drawn for that coues tag!!! :( :( :rolleyes:

It was good times! I bid on a couple items in the live auction, nothing exciting like a hunt in Africa, but I got an ADA life membership for 1/2 the usual price and a weekend for four at Cherry Creek Lodge near Young.

I got a quarter of beef from Millers southwest processing in the silent auction and some nice glasses and decanter with a pewter whiteail on them. Got some other stuff too. It was a hard night for my checkbook. I really didn't intend to spend that kind of money. Oh well, hard to pass on some of the deals. Wish I had more money, I would have bid on the amazing Mule Deer bronze that Jason made for the auction. Holy Cow that thing was AMAZING!! It went for a song though, which was a disappointment. Some really high dollar stuff went way too cheap, but people just don't feel flush with cash these days.

I hope all the CouesWhitetail.com people had a great time! I didn't get to spend a ton of time with you guys, but I enjoyed the little time I had with you. Thanks Josh for being my personal flagger in your Grong ORANGE CouesWhitetail shirt! You looked good in that!! :)

And thanks to Christian, Matt Woodward, Jeff Crosland, and Kevin Harris for helping out with setup and the live and silent auctions! Man, couldn't have done it without you all! Thank you! And thanks to all the CouesWhitetail.com'ers that donated items to the auctions. Wow, lots of great donations. Thanks for your generosity!!

Amanda

It was good times! I bid on a couple items in the live auction, nothing exciting like a hunt in Africa, but I got an ADA life membership for 1/2 the usual price and a weekend for four at Cherry Creek Lodge near Young.

I got a quarter of beef from Millers southwest processing in the silent auction and some nice glasses and decanter with a pewter whiteail on them. Got some other stuff too. It was a hard night for my checkbook. I really didn't intend to spend that kind of money. Oh well, hard to pass on some of the deals. Wish I had more money, I would have bid on the amazing Mule Deer bronze that Jason made for the auction. Holy Cow that thing was AMAZING!! It went for a song though, which was a disappointment. Some really high dollar stuff went way too cheap, but people just don't feel flush with cash these days.

I hope all the CouesWhitetail.com people had a great time! I didn't get to spend a ton of time with you guys, but I enjoyed the little time I had with you. Thanks Josh for being my personal flagger in your Grong ORANGE CouesWhitetail shirt! You looked good in that!! :)

And thanks to Christian, Matt Woodward, Jeff Crosland, and Kevin Harris for helping out with setup and the live and silent auctions! Man, couldn't have done it without you all! Thank you! And thanks to all the CouesWhitetail.com'ers that donated items to the auctions. Wow, lots of great donations. Thanks for your generosity!!

Amanda

Here are the pictures...

Others that were there that are not shown are Allen Taylor & Jim Mullins (both mods here), Nathan Lacost (sp?), and Jason Lewis...among others.

post-67-1246248749_thumb.jpg

post-67-1246248789_thumb.jpg

post-67-1246248809_thumb.jpg

post-67-1246248825_thumb.jpg

I had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones! I finally pulled in a rifle as well....good food, good people, and good drinks all for a great cause. Finally got to meet Jim and Manny as well but unfortunately not till the end of the night. I was amazed at how cheap some of the really nice stuff went for but times are indeed tuff....just wish I could of taken advantage of some of them.

It was a pleasure and looking forward to next year.

Phil

My wife Kathi and I were there with some friends and had a great time, did not win a rifle but we bid on the antler bronze in the B silent auction and the Grand Canyon tour package in the live auction and won both of them. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: We can't wait to go on the trip and the bronze looks great in the house with our ohter Coues stuff.

My wife Kathi and I were there with some friends and had a great time, did not win a rifle but we bid on the antler bronze in the B silent auction and the Grand Canyon tour package in the live auction and won both of them. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: We can't wait to go on the trip and the bronze looks great in the house with our ohter Coues stuff.

Awesome! You should enjoy that Grand Canyon trip and make sure you thank Monty (aka azsagebrush) for that donation, it's a great one!

Which bronze shed did you get, the full size or the mini?

Amanda

Awesome! You should enjoy that Grand Canyon trip and make sure you thank Monty (aka azsagebrush) for that donation, it's a great one!

Which bronze shed did you get, the full size or the mini?

Amanda

Amanda, We know Monty and had spoken to him about this trip, as we decided to take it for our late honeymoon. Tried to contact him this weekend but he was out scouting for his elk hunt. We got the full size bronze shed, looks really nice.

Mark and Kathi

Funny, I won the Grand Canyon flight for two from the silent auction. I opened the envelope when I got home and there are two certificates in there. One for two flights and one for two flights and the river float. So I will have to talk to him and see if both were supposed to be included. I am really looking forward to taking that. To bad I didn't put in for the Kaibab this year. Maybe he could be talked into making a detour. And I won a golf foursome at Las Colinas. Good times.

Funny, I won the Grand Canyon flight for two from the silent auction. I opened the envelope when I got home and there are two certificates in there. One for two flights and one for two flights and the river float. So I will have to talk to him and see if both were supposed to be included. I am really looking forward to taking that. To bad I didn't put in for the Kaibab this year. Maybe he could be talked into making a detour. And I won a golf foursome at Las Colinas. Good times.

Yes, that was an error in handy out both those to you. My helpers in the Silent Auction didn't know I had both packages in that folder.

Can you call me and we can arrange to get those other certificates to Mark for his prize?

928-200-0544

Thanks!

Amanda