Red Rabbit

Setting Up the Camera

Well If you use a big enough SD card and depending on what quality of picture you want (I usually use 8G cards and 5MP pics for example), the card on my set up will hold about 8000 pictures so you don't have to worry about your extra ones at the beginning :)

• Like 1

I'm pretty confident that all trail cam users, novice and seasoned, get a fait amount of pictures of themselves during setup. your camera should be able to take thousands of photos on a single SD card. unless it takes you half a day of tinkering to get it just right, don't worry about the few pics it might take of you in the process. personally I almost like that mine take photos of me setting them up. let's me know that they are working and taking photos before I walk away

• Like 1

I had 4k pics on my cam. Pics of me leaving and coming to get my card. Still had plenty of space left on card.

Well... I'm very embarrassed. Problem is solved. My husband came home from work and I explained all my frustration to him. He asked to see the lock box...which I hadn't looked at yet. The lock box is so much better than my other one. With the new lock box you can lock it on a tree without the camera in it. Once locked to tree, open the lid on the top of the box, turn on the camera, set it in box, put lid back on and lock up the box. This setup will be so much easier than my old one. The lock cable goes through the holes in the new lock box quite easily, not near as difficult as my old set up. I'm now looking forward to using it.

Well... I'm very embarrassed. Problem is solved. My husband came home from work and I explained all my frustration to him. He asked to see the lock box...which I hadn't looked at yet. The lock box is so much better than my other one. With the new lock box you can lock it on a tree without the camera in it. Once locked to tree, open the lid on the top of the box, turn on the camera, set it in box, put lid back on and lock up the box. This setup will be so much easier than my old one. The lock cable goes through the holes in the new lock box quite easily, not near as difficult as my old set up. I'm now looking forward to using it.

Glad you found a solution if you wanted to though I was gonna suggest putting tape over the sensor then after all the fiddling peel it off and your good to go

you can run cameras 365 days a year if you like. i run mine probably 6 months out of the year. june-august and december-february usually. i don't like to have them out during hunting season, and march-may nothing to really look at.

There's never a bad time to run cameras. The more information you can gather the better. For instance what times of the day and night are deer getting their pictures taken during certain moon phases, perhaps bad weather, just deer movement in general. I have some cameras I run all year. Although from May to June the Coues Bucks don't have much to show for head gear. Still cool to see how their antlers grow etc.

• Like 2

I usually get 1-2k pics per month per camera

I use 16 or 32 gb cards. I have most of my cams on 10 sec. video. I can get 500-1200 videos. I like having them up this time of year. It gives me something to do and I like seeing videos of all the critters.

Does anyone know if this is legal to put out, Sweetlix Buck & Doe Mineral Block? It's contains salt & molasses. I hiked my camera out a couple weeks in the lower desert here and found the water hole I wanted to set it up on was dried up. So I placed it on a good looking game trail with a lot of sign. Thought i'd put a salt block out and came across the Buck and Doe block. They sell it at C-A-L Ranch