Forget those graphs and charts on your factory ammo boxes. For those lucky to have a new rifle, scope or load, here are some free software downloads to use. You will need the BC of your bullet, chtonograph your bullet, and measure the scope to bore centerlines.

If you have a plain reticle and need holdover data, Point Blank would be good. You can also use it to determing MPBR maximum point blank range, for various kill zone sizes and set your zero accordingly.

http://www.huntingnut.com/index.php?name=n...ticle&sid=3

If you like the easy and flexible route of turrets, you may like these programs (trjectory programs near the bottom). It will make your drop/come-up charts to print for you also.

http://www.eskimo.com/~jbm/calculations/calculations.html

Anyone else have some handy free stuff off the net?

Red Rabbit, Last night I was looking at the info Zeiss had for their scopes with factory loads and the rapid z reticle they have. It'll be interesting to see if it matches up, it's pretty neat, I'll have to take a look at the links you posted as well.

There are quite a few, some are more user friendly than others. I used Art Pejsa software for quite a while and I now use Exbal. Using something like Exbal or Patagonia is more accurate for the real long shots that any table you can print. With these mentioned, you can take your Palm Pilot with you. Once your quarry is spotted, you can range it, and then input the distance, azimuth, cosine angle, altitude, barometric pressure, temperature and wind speed/direction. You should have it previously set up for your bullet and velocity but can you modified in the field. It makes first shot hits possible out to 1200 yds!

Fun stuff.