Sign in to follow this  
DesertBull

Need an honest auto mechanic

The transmission is royally screwed in my wife's Ford. Can anyone recommend an honest mechanic in the east valley?

I use RAndy at reliable deisle and auto. There is also a transmission shop next to him. If you come up lindsay to main and go east he is on the south side of the road by the Napa. I have used him for years. He is not the cheapest or probably not even the most honest :lol: , but they are good.

I use RAndy at reliable deisle and auto. There is also a trany shop next to him. If you come up lindsay to main and go east he is on the south side of the road by the Napa. I have used him for years. He is not the cheapest or probably not even the most honest :lol: , but hey are good.

:unsure:

Randy's Transmission in Mesa has been good to me. I don't know where his prices rank but he seems to do good work. He has done a few things for me, including rebuilding the transmission in my Blazer a few years ago and it has been running strong ever since.

http://yp.eastvalleytribune.com/randy+s+tr...4745p.home.html

Trail transmission in aj has always done me and my family good for tranny stuff. Sold my uncle a 5 dollar sensor when he was ready to write a check for a whole tranny he "knew" it was trashed but they sold him a 5 dollar part instead. Did all the clutch work on my truck, fast and affordable.

PM sent,

I own a transmission shop and have several CWT references as well as specific benefits for CWT members

Kurt

Trail transmission in aj has always done me and my family good for tranny stuff. Sold my uncle a 5 dollar sensor when he was ready to write a check for a whole tranny he "knew" it was trashed but they sold him a 5 dollar part instead. Did all the clutch work on my truck, fast and affordable.

+1

:rolleyes: Trail transmission in aj has always done me and my family good for tranny stuff. Sold my uncle a 5 dollar sensor when he was ready to write a check for a whole tranny he "knew" it was trashed but they sold him a 5 dollar part instead. Did all the clutch work on my truck, fast and affordable After reading this I went to Trail Tranmission today.My ford ranger was slipping into reverse when I put it in park,not too safe.Well they took it in right away and the guy knew there was a braket under the dash that could have bolts backing out.Sure enuf he tightened them up and wouldnt take my money.Wow,talk about good people A+.

I live in Queen creek, and it sounds like trail transmission is the place to go. Honest mechanics are hard to come by. Thanks for the tip!

The most honest mechanic I've ever met is Steve McManus of Fast Mobile Auto Repair. He will come to you and he will take good care of you!

His number is 480-570-5270

Not sure about transmissions ... I think he does just about everything. Mike at Mile Auto Repair on 48th and Southern in Phoenix. 602-454-1055. He does great work and is very reasonable. Also EXTREMELY HONEST. There have been several instances where he could have sold my company more, but elected to treat us with honesty. He's a good mechanic with integrity ... that is RARE.

I have a diesel Ram 2500 2003. I just had the transmission rebuilt I seemed to have lost 4-5 miles per gallon in mileage is this normal?

I have a diesel Ram 2500 2003. I just had the transmission rebuilt I seemed to have lost 4-5 miles per gallon in mileage is this normal?

No it is not

An honest repair shop is as hard to come by as an honest politician. ;)

I just had my truck analyzed and they said it was the transmission speed sensor and it would cost $300.00 to fix, and it would take them an hour and a half to fix it.

I went and bought the part for $20.00 and fixed it in 10 minutes.