ScottAdams

Premonsoon photos from the Covert II

Had some good photos before the Monsoons hit and the tank filled up. Nearly took out my camera. Luckily it was about 8 inches higher than the spillway or I would have lost it. Got my first trail camera mountain lion on this setup.

Small Coues buck working toward the water.

IM000017crp.jpg

4 Coues bucks hitting the tank.

IM000028crp.jpg

Nice Pose!!

IM000032crp.jpg

Nice evening shot.

IM000041crp.jpg

A coyote making his rounds.

IM000052crp.jpg

This bull came in one night and has some pretty neat looking tops on his antlers. There is an elk hunt in this area next month.

IM000072crp.jpg

IM000084crp.jpg

IM000086crp-1.jpg

Here comes the rain!!! You can see in this photo the water level is already way up!

IM000088crp.jpg

A mountain lion on a nightly run. This may be the one I saw at another tank about a mile away back in May.

IM000089crp-1.jpg

Here is a picture of the tank as of July 5. It's full to capacity and the camera is now pointing into the middle of the tank that was the shoreline just a few days earlier. I moved the camera to a different tree to take in the new shoreline but really I don't expect much activity on the tank until the monsoons let up some. There is water everywhere and all the tanks are full!

IM000093crp.jpg

That bull might end up pretty cool looking.

Another tip for the trail cam tips thread on how to set up cameras? "Place camera above the high water mark" That tank filled well and the monsoons really just started. The mearns will be happy.

Great pictures again Scott! That is one neat looking bull with those tops. Good deal on not losing the cam.

Phil

Well thank you! It was a pleasure to meet you also.

Your dad is a good man!! I wish all my people were like him.

Man the clarity on those SG cams is excellent. Any problems with them leaking? I've heard those replys (covert II) on other websites.

http://www.chasingame.com/forum/viewtopic....0cb0a122f68afba

Looks like if it made it through that down pour it can handle anything!

AzP&Y

I haven't had any problems with leaks. But since the monsoons started I've only checked this one camera. I still have 2 out that I haven't checked.

Guest RutNHard

Great Pics Thanks for sharing. I am impressed with the Covert cams. I would love to see some pics of that bull in a month. Happy Hunting!! :P

AZP&Y,

These cams have been used throughout the US and internationally and have not developed any leaking problems. Mine have been out in all kinds of weather and have come through fine.

Amanda

These cams have been used throughout the US and internationally and have not developed any leaking problems. Mine have been out in all kinds of weather and have come through fine.

Cool. THanks for the reply. I wasn't implying there are problems, but rather inquiring to see if Scott's through a heavy down pour had leakage.

Chasinggame does great "objective" reviews without bias. That is what testing should be.

AzP&Y - Again Nice PIcs Scott and thanks for sharing

I have a cuddeback and I checked it today no pics except of myself leaving and coming back. :angry: There are fresh tracks right in front of the camera that weren't there when I placed the camera 2 weeks ago. I am thinking about buying one of those covert cams, pics look great.