fisher_hunt

in the market for a range finder

I got the bushnell 1500 with arc and I love it! :rolleyes: No problems and doesn't seem to be a major battery

consumer. I haven't tried to range anything out to a 1000 yards as they say it can do on nonreflective objects, but I have hit objects at 800 easily. I don't ever plan on shooting anything at 1000 yards but I wanted a rangedfinder powerful enough that there wasn't going to be any question when I pushed the button. In my opinion it would be best to spend the money on the more powerful rangefinder if you can afford it. Not to say

thought that the 1200 wouldn't be good because I looded at that one also, but I felt a little more would be

that much better. ;) Just my thoughts I'm no expert, but maybe this will help you a bit.

I am currently shopping for one as well. It seems to me the major diff i noticed is the Leupold has a smaller eyepiece than the bushnell....so it seemed more comfy to point and shoot with the bushnell. Had a hard time figuring out how to adjust all the settings on the leupold. Anyone else have any input? Will be interesting to hear opinions.

I haven't a whole lot of experience with the Nikon and Bushnells that have been mentioned, I do own a cheapy Bushnell for bowhunting the midwest, but once I tried to use it out west I immediately knew it was time to upgrade. After searching and checking reviews, I went with the Leica CRF 900, this thing is unbelievable. Compact, great 7X glass, simple, and the red read out really stands out when trying to range in low light. It will range anything (reflective or not) very quickly and in about any light, getting readings well past 1000 yards and mine is only supposed to be good to 900. I do know the 900 was discontinued (only the 1200 is being manufactured), I think you can find some really good deals out there on the 900, just got to locate one. My .02

I am with DubTee on this one, unless you are dead set on having the angle compensating range finder look at the Leica CRF. I love mine and Camerland has the CRF900 for $429!

I am with Dubtee and the others, Leica really makes a good unit that is very accurate and most importantly reliable in low light conditions.........spend the few extra bucks and get Leica........I threw my bushnell away because it wasnt accurate and wouldnt pick up stuff in low light........Allen......