My brother is going to start reloading his ammo. For the life of me, I can't seem to find a load on any site that seems to "fit" what he's looking for. He's looking into the 150-165gr area. I shoot the Accubond and love the bullet. I know that they're made in 150-165gr but can't find any load data in the "magic box". We're up for any suggestions or possibly a different combination. This rifle will be used MOSTLY for deer/antelope size game. It's a stock Remington 700. Currently shooting the 150gr Remington factory Core-lokts and getting okay results. Thanks in advance..... Jake

Your best Bet is to start with the load data sheets for the specific Bullet you choose you want to use ... the manufacturers web sites all pretty much give you the right data to start with ... I assist in loading with my dad who has been doing loads for 40 plus years and he prefers using Nosler in the the larger .30 cal loads ... but, when trying to get that perfect load for that gun it is alot of trial and error... if I find any specific load data in his papers I will pm you with them ...

Good Luck

Chris

It is going to depend on what powder you can get. Most in the good burning ranges for 30-06 are in short supply. I have had great luck using Ramshot Hunter and Ramshot Big game in 30-06. Two other great powders are H414 and H4350. You will be able to find 414 but I doubt you will find 4350. If you already have those, all the better.

The 150 Accubond is a good bullet as is the 150 Partition if you want to stay in those ranges. If you like the 165s and I do, I can recommend the 165 Hornady flat base spitzer as a do-it-all bullet. I have killed elk, deer and coyotes with this bullet and got great accuracy. The Accubond has an edge in shots longer than 400 yds but closer in than that, it's just sexy looking and costs a lot more.

If you can decide on a powder, I can give you some combinations that have worked well for me.

Try this site. www.reloadersnest.com They're a great bunch of guys who are very helpful. They also list by caliber many different bullet/powder combinations. I currently have loaded the Barnes TTSX in 168 grain. They're shooting about .75" @ 100 yards out of an old Remington 760 pump action rifle. I don't recall the powder used....I'll have to look when I get home.

I looked it up and my data is 54.5 grains of Winchester 760 powder. I used Federal large rifle primers. I'm getting a little over 2900fps out of it. As with all data, you should consider loading down at least 10% and watch for pressure signs, etc.....

Hope that helps!

Thanks for your help, guys. We've got some IMR4350 that we're going to see what it will do. Have been looking all around for the H4350 with no luck (go figure). I think we've got some great leads though and I'll let you know in the near future what or if they turn out... Thanks again..

I've used the same Remington model 700 30.06 for over 30 years now. The only load i've ever hunted with is:

56.0 grains IMR 4350

Sierra 150grain spbt

Muzzle velocity is right at 2800fps

1/2 groups at 100yards

I have never hunted with a store bought bullet and have made shots in excess of 600 yards with this load. I've reloaded rounds for family and friends and it has shot very good groups in different rifles.

See if your rifle likes this load ;)

The trick is finding IMR 4350, I only have 17lbs of the stuff myself :P

God Luck