Sign in to follow this  
billrquimby

Do you have a Sierra reloading book?

I'm at the cabin and my Sierra reloading book is at home in Tucson.

Would someone do me a favor and look up the starting and maximum loads Sierra lists for Winchester 760 ball powder for its 140 grain spitzer boat tail bullet in a 6.5 Remington Magnum, and whether its loads were tested with regular or magnum large rifle primers?

I'd appreciate it. I tried to get it off Sierra's website, but they obviously want to sell books and do not list any loads for their products.

Thanks.

Bill Quimby

Bill,

My Sierra 2nd edition (yes, it's the first load book I bought in the mid 1980s) does not list a 140 grain load, only up to 120. Other manuals do not show WW760. The Hodgdon/IMR/WW load data web-site does not list WW760 with the 6.5RM.

Doug~RR

try the tech support 1-800-223-8799

Thanks, everyone.

WW760 is the only suitable powder for the 6.5 RM Western Drug in Springerville had left. Funny that Sierra doesn't list a load for its 140-grain bullet for it. I'll try the tech support number.

Thanks again.

Bill Quimby

Bill,

I looked through all of my books and could not find the load you are requesting, using W-760.

I did find this on line that is the closest using W-760.

I would also like to thank you for your many articles especially the one on Fagan lake back in the late 70’s as my father and I took a number of fish from that lake along a good many Deer and Javelina.

I took my son there numerous times also but the lake has deteriorated along with the game, such a shame.

Thank you

Phil

6.5 Rem Mag

130gr AccuBond®

Ballistic Coefficient: .488

Sectional Density: .266

* Most Accurate Load Tested

Powder: W760

Charge Weight (in grains) Muzzle Velocity (fps) Load Density

52.5 3007 fps 91%

50.5* 2925 fps 88%

48.5 2849 fps 85%

Nosler 6.5 mag

Thanks, Phil. I'd almost forgotten about the place. Whitey DeVries and I collected a couple of javelinas the last time we were there. It must have been eight or nine years ago. I ran a barrel cactus spine into a tire sidewall back by the pond, and installed my spare. We then had two more flats within fifty yards after reaching pavement. Some jerk had spread roofing nails on the road! A Border Patrol guy saw our plight, and called one of my friends in Sahuarita. My friend picked me and my wheels up, and drove me into Tucson, where I bought new tires. He then drove me back to my truck. It was a memorable day.

Bill Quimby

Bill,

It has been about 6 years since we have been there. I am sure you noticed how it has changed. We did have a need for Border Patrol back then and now I have adjusted to hunting elsewhere.

If only people would understand the destruction of the environment that has been caused by the illegal traffic both human and drugs.

Bill,

It has been about 6 years since we have been there. I am sure you noticed how it has changed. We did have a need for Border Patrol back then and now I have adjusted to hunting elsewhere.

If only people would understand the destruction of the environment that has been caused by the illegal traffic both human and drugs.

The damage must have gotten worse since I was there last, but we weren't there that long. The pond was full and the two guys we stopped to speak with said they had caught a couple of bass and some bluegills and catfish. We glassed up a herd of hogs on the peak east of the pond right away, then spooked a good whitetail buck climbing to it . I don't think it took more than two hours to fill our tags and get back to pavement, counting changing our first flat.

Bill Quimby.