Sign in to follow this  
danspool85086

Game Cam

I can tell you all replies are right to some degree. You should get off of the beaten path when you can. But I stil weld boxes for all of my cams and secure them always. If you want you can write me directly and we can talk about making you a box. My boxes aren't light but they are secure! [email="stephenforrest70@yahoo.com

stephenforrest70@yahoo.com

post-5396-0-60086400-1305917901_thumb.jpg

This shot looks from about 30 yrds

post-5396-0-18045900-1305917958_thumb.jpg

closer shot

post-5396-0-57527700-1305918022_thumb.jpg

This camera I packed in about 1/2 mile from the road. I made 3 stinsils to paint on the tree bark pattern.

name='danspool85086' timestamp='1247963313' post='155300']

I just bought a game cam and am a bit concerned about theft after reading some of these threads.

Was wondering how high up a tree they should be and if you put camo or natural leaves or something

around them to not make them quite so obvious. I was thinking about attaching a note saying " This cam

is protected by password and is utterly useless if you take it, however if you've found it, I will give you an

award as a finders fee for not stealing it" Hopefully 10,000 people don't want it and want a finders fee !!!

Any suggestions for keeping it safe would be appreciated.

Amanda I really like that on the ground shot placed inside the rocks...way cool.I put mine fairly low on trees close to the ground and The bears tend not to bother with them.I may have to try your idea ,maybe even place one in the hollow end of a log. You gave me ideas :)

We were lucky, had someone try to take a camera and they acturally even tried to get the card out of it. It was in a lock box and chained to the tree. It was all jacked-up and they did work one of the levers open but not the other trying to get the card. We were lucky this time. Got pictures of them from the neck down so hard to idetify them. Amazes me how people have no respect for other peoples property. Yes we were dumb with this one and put it to close to a water hole that to many people can see.

I just bought a game cam and am a bit concerned about theft after reading some of these threads.

Was wondering how high up a tree they should be and if you put camo or natural leaves or something

around them to not make them quite so obvious. I was thinking about attaching a note saying " This cam

is protected by password and is utterly useless if you take it, however if you've found it, I will give you an

award as a finders fee for not stealing it" Hopefully 10,000 people don't want it and want a finders fee !!!

Any suggestions for keeping it safe would be appreciated.

I make my own out if 3/16 steel. Heavy yes but they can't be peeled open. I use a shrowded lock that can't be cut with bolt cutters. And I use four 3/8 3 inch lags to secure them. But I never put them on water. I get in a trail close by water, dump done salt and you'll have plenty if pics that way. Not as much as water, but you'll still own your camera for next year.

Just had a camera stole that was lag bolted with a security box and a master lock alligator lock around the tree. These punks just cut the tree down to get to it. My advice is save your money or get way back in the woods. The hunting is usually better there anyway.

Seems a lot of people think putting lag bolts in trees is ok. Kind of a different view that you can damage trees but dont damage my stuff.

• Like 1

Seems a lot of people think putting lag bolts in trees is ok. Kind of a different view that you can damage trees but dont damage my stuff.

See your point but I don't think putting one lag bolt barely into the tree to hold its spot is gonna kill the tree. I don't use lags that are 3-4 inches. I guess a better description of what I use is a screw. You bring up a good point though. We wouldn't have to worry about any of this if people were just honest and left other peoples stuff alone. Can I get an amen! Lol

seriously u think trimming branches and lag bolts are an issue find something else to worry bout ur probably a tree cop urself huh all these dumb rules hunters will never reach a population that exceeds trees so i wouldn't worry ever!!!!