I shot my biggest this year. This is my 3rd coues buck and each year I've gotten one a little bigger than the last. Not exactly sure what he scores.

post-3307-0-43691000-1482803936_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I shot my biggest this year. This is my 3rd coues buck and each year I've gotten one a little bigger than the last. Not exactly sure what he scores.

He scores "Awesome!". congrats Kenny.

• Like 1

My personal best was from January of this year with my bow. Chased him for 4 days, got within 50 yards the first but no clear shot, 80 the third but does spooked, and finally got it done at 30 yards on the 4th day. Absolutely my most amazing hunt to date and one that I will never forget. He was also my first deer with a bow -- my first archery harvest ever was 2 days before while chasing him since I hadn't seen him by mid-day and had a Javelina tag in my pocket also.

122"

The pictures don't do him justice.

deer1.jpg

deer2.jpg

deer4.jpg

• Like 7

My personal best if it counts.... lol. Hybrid. But hey had a white tail. Scores 122 2/8 post-5044-0-36194900-1505316806_thumb.jpgpost-5044-0-36194900-1505316806_thumb.jpg

• Like 8
  • Great Buck! 1

Any Coues buck is a trophy, and boy do they taste good!

Mine was 114 7/8 " What a memory!

Once we got to 7,000' +, the hunt was nice. Getting there wasn't. We were in the Santa Rita's.

I was hunting Mearns quail one day and met a AZGFD warden, he was on horse back. This was in the 90's. There were Mearns EVERYWHERE! It wasn't popular yet and you never saw another Mearns hunter. I asked him about good places to hunt Mearns. He told me the area and also said there were nice Coues bucks there.

So I made it up to this area and he was right. It was loaded with Mearns and Coues Bucks!

Lions and Bears!....Oh my! and the tame turkeys, unreal how they had no fear of me.

My stand is on this ridge to the right of these pictures, (25) yds.

This big male cat walked by me , in my stand, 20 yds away! He kept looking at me, with that look on his face. He knew I was there! We saw his fresh tracks all the time. Wish I had a tag!

This nice buck came by (3) days before I harvested my 114 7/8" and I was not in my stand, thank goodness. You can see my scent rag hanging in the tree. I think it attracted the cat too.

I'm 74 now and will make it back up there again when I draw a Dec. rifle tag.

I now have a licensee for a cross-bow! I'm planning a Christmas hunt this fall. I will have a lion tag!

Happy Trails Brother and Sister Coues Hunters!

lion @ stand.JPG

Damn!.JPG

Big Coues.jpg

• Like 7

Cool buck.

But I'm pretty sure if I was seeing the lion's fresh tracks regularly I'd have picked up a tag!